Two Days To Go...

Started by Ohana, November 15, 2015, 06:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

So this time last week I was practically bouncing off the ceiling in excitement, chanting "this time next week...", however in light of the dreadful events that have unfolded over this weekend, the excitement has been pushed aside and replaced with a deep seated sadness for all those involved in the attacks, along with a strong feeling of apprehension.

However I will not let fear stop me from doing the thing I've been looking forward to for over eight months. And I urge everyone else not to let fear stop them too.

I do have a few questions about this situation, which I hope no one sees as callous or disrespectful, I am just wondering if anyone know better than I do about the situation.

I am aware that DLP will be closed until Wednesday as part of the 3 day mourning period throughout Paris, however does anyone know if this will affect check ins? I was due to check into Santa Fe on Tuesday evening and was wondering if they're still accepting hotel guests during this period? Does anyone know also whether it's definite that the parks will reopen on Wednesday?

Lastly, I will be flying from the UK, with airfrance, I'm guessing that flights will still be going in and out as normal? I have my passport and flight tickets, insurance documents, I assume these will get me through security and border control?

Thanks everyone, and let's not ever let the magic fade away, and I will definitely be providing all the hugs and smiles I physically can to the wonderful cast members at DLP.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

bad-pink-tink

heyy there :)

Glad to see you are still going

Yes the hotels are still open and you can check in as usual. I have been following people on Twitter who are there today, they have been posting photos of the various hotels. There are lots of CM's and characters around and Disney Village is open

As far as I can see, from the official notice on the official website, to people who are posting photos from the hotels, yes the parks will reopen on Wednesday morning

All flights to and from France are continuing as normal. Yes your passport  and travel docuemnt are all you will need. Just expect delays and give yourself plenty of time to travel.

Have a great time and dont forget to keep us updated
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Ohana

Thank you! I definitely will keep everyone updated, I'll do my best to get a fab trip report once I've been so those who are considering cancelling may reconsider going. The only change I've made to the trip is I've cancelled our plans for an excursion into Paris itself. I think with the wounds still being open it wouldn't be a pleasant time to go, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking tourist photos in a city that has just suffered such an unimaginable heartache.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

chrisvalentine

not a chance will we be cancelling our trip on dec 7th , im not letting these cowards win, besides ive worked my bum off this year to get me my wife my 4 kids my mum and my best friend there this year , I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful .

rebecca20

I don't think anyone can say the parks will reopen for certain on the 17th. Reading between the lines after doing research / consulting with various people I think they have other intelligence and DLP has been told to close til Wednesday for safety. They are still saying one of the Terrorists got away. Plus its just coming out that many have travelled from Belgium. Not even CMs know if they're back to normal work Wednesday yet.

They will still let you check in and their are characters in hotels now plus I've heard they are letting you eat in your hotel for free.

Have a fabulous holiday and try not to worry too much.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

abismummy

Have a fabulous time. Fingers crossed it will open Wednesday x

nathalie

Quote from: rebecca20 on November 15, 2015, 07:53:28 PM
I don't think anyone can say the parks will reopen for certain on the 17th. Reading between the lines after doing research / consulting with various people I think they have other intelligence and DLP has been told to close til Wednesday for safety. They are still saying one of the Terrorists got away. Plus its just coming out that many have travelled from Belgium. Not even CMs know if they're back to normal work Wednesday yet.

They have found one of the cars that was seen at the concerthall, and did over 5 arrests (I'm not sure if one of them was actually present at the shootings)
I am from Belgium, and the car was found in front of the building where an old schoolmate of mine lives   :/

But yes, don't let these people win!  That's what they want, create fear and panic.