Where to stand?

Started by Ohana, October 18, 2015, 12:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Hello! So I was thinking about parades and dreams this morning and was wondering if anyone had any tips of the best places to stand?

I've heard there are benches near the castle which make a good spot for dreams, I just want a great view with minimal chance of someone towering in front of me blocking my view.

For the parade I want to be at the front in a good place which will have the least people, I can't stand people pushing and shoving me and I know this would really have a negative impact on my experience.

What do you Disney experts recommend? :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

DLPWonders (Banned)

It's personal for everyone, I'm a die-hard.
For parade I have my usual spot: Discovery Arcade.
That's where the parade ends, I'm there usually about 1,5 hours before hand.
For Dreams I always sit front row right in the middle.
I always take my spot about 2 hours before hand.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

rebecca20

Honestly it depends on the weather and time of year I visit! In summer we go near Discovery Arcade at the end of the parade route. This time the weather was so cold we just walked up at parade start time and got a spot near the castle.

For dreams - again it depends on the time of year but with 10 minutes to go we walked up and got third row from the front of the barrier, the closer you go the less chance of heads blocking fireworks photos. Personally I found being further away awful, selfie sticks got in our view and children on shoulders were also an issue.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

squiggly2902

For parade I like right at the beginning by Its a Small World as you don't have to wait around as much.  once parade has passed we then take advantage for the next half hour of smaller queues.  I also liked in front of the castle stage for spring fever last year as its on a hill.  For dreams to the side of the central hub on one of the benches by the flowerbeds is good, make sure you don't sit on one inside the centre as these get roped off for visitors with disabilities and you have to move. 

Mitchell

I love the area near Small world :)
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

littlebitofpixiedust

We usually stand to the right of the little house that makes the magic we call it! Lol, for dreams that is we get there about 30min before and stand at those railings nobody can block your view as not allowed in the grassy section there. To find where I mean it's literally opposite caseys hotdogs. We watched dreams from discoveryland entrance stood back and had a good view and literally stumbled across the new view which wasn't too bad in my opinion. Though if its your first time you'll probably want a better view! And right upfront is obviously best if u can be patient 😊

For parade near small world or if running late right where it ends (for some reason it's busiest in central Main Street) we've stood just through the arcade at Main Street many times too watch.

never2old

For the parade, we always go to the start, in Fantasyland. Usually get a spot by Bella Notte. It's quieter than in Main Street and we usually get a spot 20 minutes before the start (earlier if it's busy)

For Dreams, we tend to view from the Discoveryland side, never feels to crowded. However if you can go early and get a more central spot, it's so much better...

arvidbux

For Dreams;
we generally try to stand between the hub and the castle. Does mean you either have to go off-season or be there on time.

For Magic on Parade;
we always try a spot in Main Street U.S.A, somewhere near trash cans. Helps me put my camera on it and it ensures that nobody squeezes in front of me or pushing their kids in front of me (which happens all the time)

For Halloween Celebration Parade;
I noticed that near IASW worked out quite well. I must say the video I took also looked quite nice as they come towards you : http://totallydutchedth.at/525/mickeys-halloween-celebration-disneyland-paris-halloween-2015-video/

Ohana

Thanks for all the help guys! Now just hoping I find these places wheni go haha!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel