Star Tours 2 is coming

Started by Thaliel, December 13, 2015, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

Disney sent us a letter to inform us what will be closed during our stay in march. There it says that Star Tours will take its last flight to Endor on March 16th. So I guess Star Tours 2 will be made happen after that. Does anyone of you have any inormattion on it; how long it will take or what the new ride themeing will be?
<-Plz click

bad-pink-tink

Having been on Star Tours 2 in California, the entrance theming is not that different. As you approach the end of the queue you pick up the 3D glasses. I think there are 6 or 8 "pods" and 10 different adventures, which are on random selection. This means that you get a different adventure each time.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Rocketeer

I would imagine they won't change much of the current queue, save for a new pre-show with the Aly San San droid. The queue can be rethemed later if they ever do add 'Star Wars Land Lite' to Discoveryland. Then it might get more of a detailed makeover along the lines of what is being added Stateside.

As bad-pink-tink said, the main change for now will be the upgrade to the Starspeeder 1000 model, which will add the 3D projection facility and the removal of Rex. And if we're lucky some new seats.

So looking on the positive side, it'll be a refresh of a now tired attraction, with the potential to be upgraded further in the future.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Thaliel

Quote from: Rocketeer on December 13, 2015, 09:28:21 PM
the removal of Rex.

oh no, that poor thing. Hope he won't be thrown to the scrap metal dump
<-Plz click

Rocketeer

^Sadly that's close to what happens.

**spoilers below**

He's in the queue in the American versions, but no longer functioning properly, repeating his old lines (That is deliberate and not something they haven't fixed!)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

cazspence

As bad-pink-tink said, the main change for now will be the upgrade to the Starspeeder 1000 model, which will add the 3D projection facility and the removal of Rex. And if we're lucky some new seats.

I really hope they at the least have new seats, in November my 2 day old £45 jeans were ruined by a bit of metal rough/loose on the chair by the handle. Completely ripped from top of hip to top of thigh. The cm just shrugged! City hall gave my son a small Mickey toy? Like that replaces my jeans! 😡

MattR

Quote from: cazspence on December 16, 2015, 01:16:46 AM

I really hope they at the least have new seats, in November my 2 day old £45 jeans were ruined by a bit of metal rough/loose on the chair by the handle. Completely ripped from top of hip to top of thigh. The cm just shrugged! City hall gave my son a small Mickey toy? Like that replaces my jeans! 😡

This way they want to encourage visitors to also pay a visit to the outlet nearby.

I really hope they upgrade the old thing this is the only ride I get sick on but I never got sick on Star Tours 2 in Tokyo.

littlebitofpixiedust

I spoke to a CM who works at the star tours attraction and he told me that it will all be "completely new" and was pointing at the inside of the building. He was very excited about the changes he was also kind enough to show me the "backstage" at how the ride worked before it changed which was quite an experience.

I myself wouldn't of thought the interior/exterior of the building would change much but after having a long discussion with him, maybe it will be all new. Or at least it's what he's been told

True-lifeadventures

Has anyone heard anything about a 'Last Tour to Endor' day happening? That would be super fun.
Click the image below to visit our Vlog channel

WDW - Sept 2013. DLP - Dec 2013. DLP - Dec 2014. DLC - May 2015. DLP - Nov 2015. DLP - Jan 2016. WDW - Sept 2016

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: True-lifeadventures on December 20, 2015, 12:55:12 AM
Has anyone heard anything about a 'Last Tour to Endor' day happening? That would be super fun.

I recall hearing somewhere that Vader and some Stormtroopers stormed the Star Tours building Stateside and "Destroyed it"

I've found the video, it was from Disney's Hollywood Studios, we'd never get anything this amazing at DLP though, skip to about 3:30 if you aren't interested in R2 and 3PO and just want to see what I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYKO-0QHDQ