MEAL PLANS??

Started by Cofianna, January 04, 2016, 11:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cofianna

Hi just been looking at prices of eating in resteraunts etc ..£££  :'( 
So was just wondering if the Meal Plans Are worth getting? if so which plan is best? and how do they actually work? do u get the meal Free with the meal plan and just pay for drinks??
we are a family of four two adults and two children that don't actually eat much!!

thanks

Leopold

For me I calculated the cost of each meal. (2 adults 1 child under 3). Prices are online as are the menus for each restaurant. I worked out if I had the 2 meals every day it would still cost less if I bought them. I'm lucky enough to be getting a hot breakfast too. Chances are for me, I'll just graze through the day. Also check which restaurants you want to eat in. As not all of these are included. So you'll have to pay more to upgrade. One restaurant we intend on going to isn't on there. For us it wasn't worth it. But I can understand where it could be. Just research those menus.

Cofianna

Thanks for that ... 👍🏻😀

glenn

I had plus meal plan when I went and I thought they were not worth paying for.
You can only use them in Disney restaurants,and when I was out there not all the restaurants were open so we were forced to eat where Disney wanted us to eat.
Also you can,t eat in the best three restaurants in Disney village.

Rolo

For us it turned out to be worth it. (plus vouchers)
we are going next week and want to eat at Café Mickey 2 nights and 1 time at Annette's and 1 night at Cape Cod.
For Café Mickey it costs 42 euro's p.p. and 22 euro's for kids.
In total for us that would be 106 euro's and with the vouchers it costs us 84 euro's.
At Annette's it saves us about 12 euro's and at Cape Cod it will save us about 10 euro's (you get a drink with the vouchers)
In total it saves us over 60 euro's.
So it depends on where you want to eat.

Zee79

Totally agree Rolo. We never used vouchers until we got them free one year, we thought we would be restrictedbut we weren't and when we added up the costs of where we wanted to eat on an evening it is so much better value for us especially since my children are growing up, I have 2 daughters who swim, one competitively & can eat for England( she needs an extra 1500 calories min a day due to training)! We eat the buffets, Annette's or Cafe Mickey. The standard or plus are just as good as each other depending on where you eat ( we vary between the two) we only go half board because some days some of us only pick during day.

Rolo

Absolutely!
With the pause gourmande you get with the meal vouchers we have a good breakfast (sequoia GF), during the day a pause gourmande and in the evening we use the mealvouchers.
So for us no need to spend more on lunch. Except for the Hakuna Matata fries. I have to trie those next week  :P :-[