Loads of characters out and about!

Started by Ethan040, September 19, 2015, 11:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethan040

Just got back from a week in disney and there was so many characters out it was great! My son got 25 sigs and stamps, there seemed to constantly be characters everywhere and we didn't bother queuing for the princesses that are about now the princess thing is closed, we met over double than when I went in March.

We came out of star tours and coming out of the door in the arcade were Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, dum, dee, Donald, jepetto, smee and I'm sure a couple others but I can't remember, I thought they were off to there points for pics but they just stood outside next to the star tours gift shop and started meeting people they stood there for ages, not sure why they did that though? Never seen anything like that before?

So anyone going soon should have a great time if your into meeting characters!

tigger1974

Totally agree. I have just returned after being at DLP from 14 September until 18th September and I was pleasantly surprised by how many characters were out and about.  I saw Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Tigger (yeah!), Eeyore, Dee & Dum, White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, Peter Pan, Wendy,  Pinocchio, Geppeto, Jafar, Aladdin, Jasmine, Captain Hook,  Smee, Timon, Baloo, Rafiki and Chip and Dale and none of these were listed on the park guides as meet and greets. I personally didn't queue to meet them all as I wanted to enjoy the rides but it was nice to see so many.  Maybe DLP are finally getting the message that guests want more characters around - I do hope so.
There were, of course, the organised meet and greets which when I was there were : Mickey, Minnie,  Donald, Goofy,  Pluto,  Winnie the Pooh, Merida and the princesses (all this relates only to the magic kingdom park,  can't comment on characters in the studios park as I don't spend a lot of time over there).
Hope this continues for anyone with an up and coming trip.
TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

twentythingamabobs

That sounds awesome!! When we first started going to DLP, it seemed like we bumped into characters a lot more it was exciting! I hope they bring this sort of thing back where you can just randomly come across characters.  Feels like you're seeing celebrities, maybes that's just me haha  ???

Zee79

Wod love if they were still out & about in July but probably won't be. We've been looking at past pictures & my kids can't believe how many characters we met during our trips even with them when they were really small. I do miss it.

DLPWonders (Banned)

There were a lot of characters out last week!
I did 4 days of character hunting, and managed to meet 27 of them in 1 day!
Including Maleficent, Jack Skellington, Old Hag, Jafar, Drizella, Anastasia and Lady Tremaine!
Yay for being there during Halloween practice sets!

But this is my personal favourite:

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

myburgeoning

thanks all!! I hope this trend keeps up for the next week! we will be there soon!

Ethan040

Ah no, can't belive I missed the Halloween guys I read they might be out as well, missed jasmine as well, I thnk we met about  28 different people in total, it was good to say how much it rained as well.

CindersFaye

This is very positive news! Making me excited for my trip in 6 days(and 14 hours)! :P
Disney Trip - 27th - 30th September - Sequoia Lodge

Ohana

Yay that sounds awesome. I'm guessing there may not be as many about in the later months as it'll be colder? My main two characters to meet (apart from the obvious Mickey) are Peter Pan and Donald. I'd also love a cuddle from Pooh.

Not really got high hopes for Pan though, I'm sure he'd freeze!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Ethan040

Mickey and Minnie where together for early magic hours if you get there for 8 there's only a couple of people in the que, Donald was near them as well and goofy and Pluto, we met pan and it was raining most of the week it didn't seem to stop anyone so I'm sure they will be out in the cold for you and pooh was a planned meet and greet when I was there but the que was massive, we didn't even bother.

Ohana

Oh thanks for that Ethan :) fingers crossed then! The queues may be shorter when I go it's mid November midweek so here's hoping! But if I make extra magic hours everyday I won't mind a bit of queueing during that, plus I've arranged a Café Mickey breakfast for one of the mornings and it's a 0700 one so may not be too busy :D So excited!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Zee79

During the colder months they put winter costumes on, we went in November one year & was quite a few out in the studios because it was quieter. The princess costumes were lovely.

rebecca20

I am by no means saying that this is the reason... but i know 3 people who have just arrived as CMs for fur characters ready for halloween and christmas seasons and I kinda think maybe they are giving them a bit of experience? Only thinking this since one said friend has said she's been going around the park most days (as a character) while she's learning her parade routine.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: rebecca20 on September 21, 2015, 03:51:03 PM
I am by no means saying that this is the reason... but i know 3 people who have just arrived as CMs for fur characters ready for halloween and christmas seasons and I kinda think maybe they are giving them a bit of experience? Only thinking this since one said friend has said she's been going around the park most days (as a character) while she's learning her parade routine.

The Halloween characters last week and two weeks ago did practice sets yes.
They do that every year with the "newbies".
But so many characters out has nothing to do with the new people.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''