Thought I'd share this - could help with some trip planning!

Started by cheryl.taylor, September 22, 2015, 09:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheryl.taylor

Morning all,

I just wanted to share this lovely idea I came across the other day. It's so wonderful. I'll paste the link in below.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DisneyParkInvites

I've just got a princess one for my DD and it's fab.   :D

You're meant to give the invite to your DD or DS as a way of revealing a trip to DLP! (or other disney park). I read a lot of stuff on here all the time, and thought you guys might appreciate it   :-*

xxx

littlebitofpixiedust

I think these are fantastic, great idea!

I love the Aladdin one  :)

cheryl.taylor

Yes I think they're great too! Personally I prefer the Peter Pan one, but my DD isn't a huge fan so I opted for the princess one!

cheryl.taylor

Also - apparently you can get 10% off with the coupon code "TRIPADVISOR10"

Was meant for people who saw it on trip advisor but the codes are universal and work no matter where you get the link from... might help someone who was thinking of nabbing one!

cheryl.taylor

Update: Just gave my DD her invite today and she adored it! Was in a bit of shock too I think :) Can't wait for December. Has anyone else got one of the invites or given one to their DD or DS?

Mrsya

I make my children a very similar 'invite' but from a popular photo card site.  ;)

Zee79

They are a great idea, however I make them myself & give to family members  :)

Disneylove

£4.56 for something you could make yourself for free on paint seems really silly to me. I've seen free template printouts you can get on pintrest too.

cheryl.taylor

The same can be said for birthday invitations, and yet there are hundreds of listings people buy for those! Some people don't have the desire, time or skills to make or find their own xx

Disneylove

I highly doubt anyone would pay £4.56 for a birthday invitation though. Just seems like an extortionate price for something so simple. Especially since they're making money from using Disney copyrights and presumably not paying any royalties.

cheryl.taylor

There are lots of birthday invites on Etsy for prices from 4 pounds up to 6 or 8! And they came up first so I imagine they sell quite a few? I'm not sure how it works  ???

From the link I posted to the Etsy shop, most are only just above 2 pound, which I think is a fair price. You might be able to make something like that on a program but I certainly can't.. they look so fab and professional!

C xx