Visiting other Disney Hotels

Started by myburgeoning, September 15, 2015, 07:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myburgeoning

Hello,
Looking to make dining plans and I am wondering if any of the Disney hotels (staying in Sequoia) are worth visiting and dining at. Driving past them last time they looked intriguing, but is there anything special to do there if you aren't staying there? Any hotel buffet stand out?
thanks

DisneyRon

Having a drink at Bar Fantasia in the Disneyland Hotel is certainly worth doing one evening.
They usually have live music from about 7 PM until the bar closes around midnight.

Inventions is pretty good, and the California Grill is just spectacular, if rather expensive.

HildeKitten

It needs to be said that whilst Bar Fantasia is lovely, it's also the most expensive bar out of the lot.

MattR

Quote from: HildeKitten on September 15, 2015, 09:31:51 AM
It needs to be said that whilst Bar Fantasia is lovely, it's also the most expensive bar out of the lot.

I think I have been to most of the table restaurants in both parks and most of the hotels and I also have to say the more expensive the better. The only restaurant I really can´t recommend is the steak house. I never had a decent steak there I would rather go to one of the cheaper burger restaurants in the village eventhough I am not a big fastfood fan.

Regarding bars, I don´t drink any alcohol so I have never been to any of the bars.

HildeKitten

If you just want to have a drink, there are definitely more affordable options to Bar Fantasia that are also very nice. Of course, they aren't Bar Fantasia, but in my opinion that does not make them inferior.
For example, a soft drink is overpriced anywhere you go in the park, but it will be even more so in the bars of the hotels ;) Especially in the bars of the more expensive hotels.
BUT to each their own of course, if you don't mind the price, then yes, the hotel bars are definitely worth checking out!

Ohana

Sorry to interject but I've been looking at photos of cafe fantasia and wow it looks incredible! I'm wondering what is the price of, say, a glowtini there in comparison to a bar at the Santa fe?

Also, it it a place where you can get lunch too, and what kind of things do they serve? :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

myburgeoning

HildeKitten

Go to DLRP Guide (google will tell you where it is), look up the dining section, and at least several, possibly all, of your questions will be answered :) (food at least, I'm not sure whether they detail all the cocktails too).

DisneyRon

Quote from: Ohana on September 15, 2015, 12:44:31 PM
Sorry to interject but I've been looking at photos of cafe fantasia and wow it looks incredible! I'm wondering what is the price of, say, a glowtini there in comparison to a bar at the Santa fe?

Also, it it a place where you can get lunch too, and what kind of things do they serve? :)

A Glow-tini was €17 (as were all cocktails) in September 2014, so I imagine it'll be €18 or so now? :)
They do serve a few small bites, but I don't think they have a full menu in terms of food. Especially since they're right across from both Inventions and the California Grill. ;)

mickey1980

The Redwood Bar and Lounge over at Sequoia Lodge is very cozy with a big fire place. The buffet is okay too. If you like that sort of dining.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Bar over at Hotel Cheyenne. It had a real bar vibe, while others are more nightcap lounges. Also, drink prices are "cheapest" overhere.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018