Sequioa lodge dinner?

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, September 03, 2015, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Anyone ate at the sequioa lodge we've never ate at any hotel other than DLH but were staying at sequioa soon and wondered what the foods like.

We have a 7 year old that's very fussy so nuggets/fish fingers ect would be great he only likes his mummy's home cooked food other than the picky kids bits when we're away. Any feedback appreciated  :)

Zee79

We ate in the Hunters Grill & found it very nice, nothing fantastic but a good range of dishes. We to have picky eater who likes nothing but nuggets & chips oh & some broccoli haha he ate no bother. I enjoyed it & would eat there again but I also like the cheyenne & Santa fe. My friend stayed in HNY ate there & had meal in Sequoia & said Sequoia was far better than the HNY.

stifle

The buffet has something for everyone including kiddie stuff like nuggets and chips. Do be aware it's around €17 for a child dinner and around €33 per adult, so McDonald's may be a better option.

Puffin

may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

CitrusZing

I ate at Hunter's Grill buffet back in January and enjoyed it. Good choices, some you will recognise from other DLP buffet places though.

Has anyone eaten at Beaver Creek Tavern recently? It was closed in January when we went due to a conference or something. I would like to try it when we go next week.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

stifle

I remember reading that Beaver Creek has been closed and is now used as an extension to the buffet in case of large guest flows.

michaelj1973

I ate at those restaurants when the buffet style wasn't such a big hit. Then one restaurant had a skewer with meat and every time they put some meat on your plate. I really miss that time. Don't like the buffet style...

CitrusZing

Quote from: stifle on September 06, 2015, 09:14:16 PM
I remember reading that Beaver Creek has been closed and is now used as an extension to the buffet in case of large guest flows.

My boyfriend called the restaurant reservation line tonight and booked Beaver Creek for Friday night, so I guess it's still open. We shall see.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

DisneyRon

Quote from: stifle on September 06, 2015, 09:14:16 PM

It's not a permanent closure. If they expect a lot of people they'll keep the Creek as a backup, otherwise I imagine it'll operate normally. :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou all for the advice  :)
I must say I'm not a huge fan of the buffet because of cross contamination ect I ate chicken at the buffet place in the studios last December and ended up with nasty food poisoning for 3 weeks when I came home... Was definatley there as I hadnt eaten chicken anywhere else and my GP confirmed it was definatley poultry.

But I was aware that SL had a buffet and table service? But reading above posts I'm not sure. My son would be happy with the fries and nuggets/sausages pictured above (thanks!) but I am nervous doing a buffet again so a little undecided but I've heard it's nice there and it's unlikely I'll end up with it again.

Zee79

As was discussed in another thread if you are wary of food poisoning, if it had happened to me I would be as well, try to avoid the types of food that could possibly give you it as best you can, easier said than done at times I know, check your meat is thoroughly cooked through, if not take it back to them or don't eat it. The sequoia is lovely but if not sure then choose a table restaurant because you don't want it spoiling your time here.

littlebitofpixiedust

Yes I'm going to check much more on this occasion. Ive been many times and never had a problem with food before its a shame I'm just so glad my little boy didn't eat what I did, I'm pretty sure the authorities have to notify them as they asked me where I'd eaten ect so hoping its been resolved  :)