Euro nightmare!

Started by Ohana, September 01, 2015, 09:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mcflurrys2015

Highly recommend the revolut card it works as a MasterCard which is accepted almost everywhere, it provides you with the best rate around and is so easy to top up and use no hidden charges or exchange fees and you can withdraw cash from an atm as you would normally also no charge I've used it twice now and it's fantastic
Hotel New york July 2009
Santa fe Aug 2009
Seqoia Lodge  August 2015
Day trip July 2016
Off site - Kyriad nov 2016
Off site explores Feb 2017
Walt Disney World Caribbean beach booked Aug- 2019

stifle

Revolut charges fees after the first 12 months. Metro Bank does not, and nor does N&P as long as you lodge £500 a month. Revolut is also not authorised or regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. I'd steer clear.

Ohana

I've got the MasterCard travel passport I think it's called. It's a good card everything is free, it's valid for 5 years, free replacement within 24 hrs of lost, atm withdrawals are only €2 per transaction.

My issue was with the blatant mistake made by the cashier who short changed me over £50. Based on the replies I'm pretty sure the exchange rate didn't fall and rise so significantly within a 15 minute slot. I'll definitely be more alert when I load my card up with more euros and make sure I don't go in after only a few hours sleep :P
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel