Free carer with annual pass

Started by dubgirl, July 05, 2015, 03:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HildeKitten

I quite like the handicapped system at DLP, I feel that they really do their best to make sure that people with a disability (be it mental or physical) get to get the most out of their stay.
It's not perfect, but nothing is. In any case, with some meticulous planning and clever time management, I can do everything I want to do during my stay (provided nothing is suddenly closed of course) so I'm really glad for that handicapped card :)

@twenty, I'm sorry to hear you went through such a terrible ordeal at WDW, I really feel for your poor little brother :(

twentythingamabobs

I think for a lot of people the DAS at WDW works great for them if they have kids who are high functioning as they can like knowing the order and structure of the day. Just didn't suit us unfortunately! DLP has spoiled us as it really is perfect for the little one, the one place he is truly happy  :D

HildeKitten

I would advise against Tokyo Disney too I think (if you were ever considering this), because from what I understand, if you have a disability pass and want to do a certain ride, they leave you to wait for the duration of the queue when you arrive in a separate cozy waiting area.
So you've got to wait as long as everyone else, just not inside the queue.
Which is also a system for people that have a physical disability or a high functioning mental one, but I can see how it would be bothersome for others.

I don't know in how far they can/do issue return tickets like fast-pass but that would still leave you with the same problem as WDS I suppose.

If I hear about all the different systems around the globe, I do have to agree that DLP spoils us rotten. I find that it's generally very practical.