Which hotel would you stay in for one night?

Started by sarahlouise_23, August 23, 2015, 10:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahlouise_23

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of booking a trip to DLP for my sister and I for one night in October. I have been to DLP before and have previously stayed at the Hotel New York and Hotel Santa Fe. I'm also a Dreams annual pass holder so I should hopefully be able to get a good discount on a one night stay, so I'm open to all hotel options. My sister has never been to DLP before (I'm 26 and she's 24) so I want to make sure she has the best time possible. Which hotel would you stay in if you were just going for one night?

Many Thanks,

Sarah

HildeKitten

If I were well off enough to afford it (sadly no) of course I'd love to stay in the Disneyland Hotel or Hotel New York!
All kidding aside, if it's your sister's first visit, and you're only staying the one night and you have just the two days in the park, I imagine that you won't be seeing much of the hotel anyway.
If you want to do something more special than Santa Fe or Cheyenne, I would advise booking the Sequoia Lodge. It's a really lovely hotel, and its still quite close to the parks and around the corner from Disney Village.
You can even get a room with a few on the lake if your budget allows it :)

michaelj1973

I agree with Hilden. Santa Fe is a good hotel, but sequioa lodge has that  extra warmth.

lovindisney87

As previously said If I had the money it would definitely be Disneyland Hotel just to see what its like. Out of the cheaper two, Santa Fe and Cheyenne, my favourite is the Cheyenne (however I havent been in Santa Fe since its been refurbished). The theme of the Cheyenne I think is lovely.
In my opinion tho the hotel is only going to be used to sleep and wash in so to me I couldn't justify spending a massive amount on the hotel (just my opinion obviously everyone's different).
I hope you both have an amazing time tho wherever you decide to stay 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

HildeKitten

Yes exactly!
If you intend to spend a little more time in the room (because you want to go back for a rest or whatever)  then it's worth it to get a nicer one.
But if you're only there to wash and sleep, then you may as well save the money by staying in the Cheyenne or Santa Fe and spend a little more on a really nice meal in the parks or merch instead. Or heck, simply save it, nothing wrong with that either! :)

My husband and I did seriously consider staying in the New York for Dapper Day, but then we realised that we'd only be there to shower and sleep, and that it wasn't worth paying about €100 per person extra just for the hot meal and proximity (especially as we don't mind not having one or walking). So we went with the Cheyenne instead :)
Which means we can get a nicer meal on the first day and we'll still have a little more spending money in our pockets :)

sarahlouise_23

Thank you very much everyone for your suggestions :) It's much appreciated.

I'm liking the sound of Sequoia Lodge at the moment. That little bit closer to the parks and somewhere I haven't stayed before so will be new for me too. Will start doing some costing up now.

Many Thanks,

Sarah

Mileto

Sequoia Lodge is a very good choice. Or Cheyenne - if it has to be something that you haven't tried yet.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

AlmostThere...

If money isn't an issue, this is a no brainer- disneyland hotel!

Otherwise, next on the list for me would be Seqouia, then if it's a little more budget then Cheyenne x

That's only based on having seen them rather than stayed....I wish I could be so knowledgable :)
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

michaelj1973

I've stayed in every hotel except the partner hotels and the davey crocket one.
My top is:
1) hotel new York I liked the quietness and the elegance of this hotel. Felt like a yup there. A newspaper with my breakfast. Really great.
2) hotel sequoia lodge. This hotel has real warmth. Drinking a cocktail next to the fire...
3) hotel Santa Fe. A good hotel worth the money
4) disney land hotel. Great short distance to the park.
5) hotel Newport bay. A bit to big hotel. And when I visited it. It was in desperate need of renovation.
6) hotel cheyenne. As an adult the bunk bed was for me to hard to sleep on.

But that's just my opinion. If you talk to everyone you will get different opinions.

HildeKitten

I'm starting to think I'm the only adult that doesn't mind the hardness of the bunk beds in Cheyenne :)
But then again, I'm used to sleeping on a hard matrass so that may be it :)