Disneyland Hotel

Started by Karen101, August 19, 2015, 05:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen101

Okay people honest opinions...

i know the Disneyland hotel is very expensive... but is it worth it?  We can afford it, but i want to know is it WORTH paying the money for... just how magical is it?

i looked on trip adviser and the reviews are pretty mixed so i thought i would ask the experts...

the trip is for myself, my husband, my mother (who has never been to Disney before but is a huge fan) and our 7 year old daughter ...

thanks in advance!

Karen

michaelj1973

Disney Hotel has it's advantages. Close to the park. Nice restaurants and other things. If it's worth it depends all on yourself. Some will say yes others will say stay in an other hotel. I personally think do it one time for the experience. And after that I would choose another hotel.
My favourites are Hotel New York and hotel sequoia lodge.

tigger1974

The Disneyland hotel is very nice and I would suggest you do try to stay there at least once.  It looks really big but actually has a small number of rooms.  The rooms are very comfortable but no more comfortable than either the New York or the Sequoia Lodge.  It is acceptable for you to visit the restaurants and bars even if you are not staying there.  The pool is nice but the one at the New York is better.
The staff are always welcoming and very helpful.
At the end of the day you have to make your own choice but I think you would enjoy the ultimate in Disney luxury.
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

mickey1980

I say it's not worth it.
First, Yes it's beautiful inside and out. But in the end you'll only go there to sleep and have breakfast (which is a really nice breakfast btw).
Second, unless your in Castle club you won't have a park view. Enjoy that magical parking-lot view ;)
Third, If you like a nightcap before sleep. You should know that drinks are massively overpriced in the Fantasia bar. €51 for a round of 2 beers and 2 cocktails is just beyond ridiculous imo :o

Overal. It was a nice experience to have stayed there. But for us we all agreed that it was a one time only thing. And we like Sequoia's atmosphere just as much, if not better.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

DisneyRon

Quote from: mickey1980 on August 19, 2015, 08:25:21 PM
I say it's not worth it.
First, Yes it's beautiful inside and out. But in the end you'll only go there to sleep and have breakfast (which is a really nice breakfast btw).
Second, unless your in Castle club you won't have a park view. Enjoy that magical parking-lot view ;)
Third, If you like a nightcap before sleep. You should know that drinks are massively overpriced in the Fantasia bar. €51 for a round of 2 beers and 2 cocktails is just beyond ridiculous imo :o

Overal. It was a nice experience to have stayed there. But for us we all agreed that it was a one time only thing. And we like Sequoia's atmosphere just as much, if not better.

Those cocktails are €17 a piece, and really nice in my opinion. ;) But yes, Bar Fantasia is quite pricey, though the same goes for all the bars in the hotels I imagine. There may be a price difference, but it won't be too huge.

As for the Hotel itself, I really enjoyed my stay there, the breakfast is fabulous, as others have said, and it's a beautiful location, and being right next to the entrance is very nice as well. ;D
The Hotel Fastpass is a nice bonus (though Golden Forest at Sequoia offers it too for a fraction of the cost), but the VIP pass for Castle Club is of course superior.

Karen101

thanks guys :)

its for a special occasion, my mother has never been before so i want to make it special for her... so i think i might just go all out and got for the Disneyland hotel, it will save on the walking.

has anyone stayed in the Castle Suits?  That would be nice i think for watching the fireworks from the rooms ... hmmm the possibilities....

MattR

The biggest benefit is the short distance to the park entrance.

We usually stay in the New York or Disneyland Hotel however I never return to my room when staying at the New York Hotel because it is simply too far away to walk there for a 20 min.. rest.

michaelj1973

Quote from: Karen101 on August 20, 2015, 11:20:47 AM
has anyone stayed in the Castle Suits?  That would be nice i think for watching the fireworks from the rooms ... hmmm the possibilities....

I've looked at the prices for the Castle Club and to be honoust it hurts a bit in my wallet  ;D...
I'm now staying (december) in the Golden Forrest Club and if I want to go to the Castle Club its about 3500 euro extra...
So for me Castle Club is not worth it.
I rather spend some more money in the parks itself.

haribosmum

I've stayed in the pink hotel twice and am booked again next year.  But I have also stayed at the New York for  2 trip inbetween and love that too.

For us, we chose to go back as will be taking a 1yr old and I like the idea of being back in the room easily for change of clothes, nap etc.  I also love that you don't have a breakfast slot time (unless this has changed since my last visit) and also that the breakfast has a few more things to choose from like pancakes.  These you can get in the other hotels but at an extra cost.

If it's a special trip, I would say go for it.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Karen101

hehe yeah i think i am sold :)

i will look and see how much the castle suits are .... and ponder that some more but i will deffo be booking one of the family rooms with a terrace :)

thanks so much!

any other tips for this fabby hotel?

cazspence

If I could afford it, we'd do dlh every time without a doubt. Done it 3 times, hny twice and offsite once. Dlh wins hands down every time. The difference between hny and dlh was only £400 over the 4 nights and well worth it. Every time we have had a ground floor with a park view at no extra cost. Looking out onto the entrance beside salon mickey. 2 minutes to get in park. Just perfect.

Karen101

sounds good to me :) i want to book one with a terrace so i would presume these would of course all be ground floor ... do they all have park views i wonder hmmmmm

so much to decide!!!  we are not going until July 2016 so i have plenty of time to save hahaha

DisneyGagaChick

Disneyland Hotel is wonderful!

When we went back in 2009, there was characters around no matter where you went!
You just out the doors and you're on Main Street U.S.A! Wonderful atmosphere, too! Food is amazing!  ;D

littlebitofpixiedust

I love the DLH! Stayed once, but booked for feb half term next year. It's expensive but the experience was amazing I wouldn't stay exclusively here as I also enjoy other hotels especially new york/sequioa but when it's cold there's nothing better than nipping back for a hot chocolate!

We didn't have a suite but lovely view with a terrace where we could sit outside, the breakfast was gorgeous. We bumped into Emma Bunton and Maria fom corrie on the visit. I'd say if you can afford it try it we didn't regret it at all it was a real special visit  :)

Karen101

thanks everyone :) im sold on it ... its a very special once off trip for my mother so i want to make everything as magical as possible.

We are going in July so a nice family room with a terrace will be fantastic :)

thanks so much!!!!