Jedi Training Academy at Videopolis

Started by jimtrim, September 02, 2014, 10:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

My 5 year old son will be OVER THE MOON with this news!! Just means another trip after July!!

gemma2806

DLP have officially confirmed that this will open in July however unlike the one in WDW which is for 4-12 year olds the one in DLP will be for 7-12 year olds but not sure why.  :'(

paterdave2

I think that is for the language issues. As 4 year old kids don't speak english and a lot of seven year old a lot more because of Dora and Diego etc.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

polar vixen

I've three boys age. 10,6 and. 5. That makes for two pretty upset little brothers who won't understand why they can't join in 

HildeKitten

Quote from: paterdave2 on May 06, 2015, 03:12:25 PM
I think that is for the language issues. As 4 year old kids don't speak english and a lot of seven year old a lot more because of Dora and Diego etc.

I don't think language is the issue to be honest, there's plenty of guests visiting the parks that don't or barely speak English, even adults.
I think it probably has more to do with trying to include as many children as possible that try to participate, cutting out the 4, 5 and 6 year olds means a lot more spaces are available.

It's sad in any case, I don't have kids but I feel bad for the little ones that love Star Wars that can't join in.

irishbhoy1888

How will they know the child's ages?

Mrsya

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on May 06, 2015, 10:16:21 PM

My 5 year old Star Wars fan will be 7 in July!!

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: Mrsya on May 06, 2015, 11:02:27 PM
Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on May 06, 2015, 10:16:21 PM

My 5 year old Star Wars fan will be 7 in July!!

Haha haha mine is 6 but will also be 7th come July😀 their is no way Imtelling him he can't do it.. It's a terrible rule anyway.. 

HildeKitten

I think that a LOT of parents with kids that are too young but could pass or 7 will just pass their kids off as 7.
Knowing DLP it's not like they're going to ask for passports to check their age ^^

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: HildeKitten on May 07, 2015, 07:33:58 PM
I think that a LOT of parents with kids that are too young but could pass or 7 will just pass their kids off as 7.
Knowing DLP it's not like they're going to ask for passports to check their age ^^

Hope so or else my little fella will be turning to the dark side  :P

Mrsya

EmmaH

It was a highlight for our boys aged 9 and 7. The Jedi Master was brilliant as was Darth Vadar. The age limit is more to do with the kids having to perform on stage in front of an audience and being able to obey instructions.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

Disneyholics

It's brilliant my oldest really enjoyed it.the jedi masters spoke all languages and arranged English, French kids together,they were really good,they do perform on stage in front of lots of people, so I would say 7 and up is fair.i have a 6 year old and he would be scared when darth vader came.. High light of our holiday just wished I could of joined in!

dag1986

I'm 30 years old and I find it extremely unfair that I cannot be a padawan.  :'( >:(
DLP Visits:
June 2006 - Magic Circus Hotel;
January 2013 - Cheyenne Hotel;
January 2014 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
January 2015 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
December 2015 - Kyriad Hotel;
February 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
November 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
Coming next:
November 2017 - Vienna House Dream Castle...
and counting...

Mrsya

My 'seven' year old little boy absolutely adored this! It was the highlight of his trip. In fact he said it was the best part of his life so far!