Food Poisoning at the Disneyland village restaurants?

Started by Wonderland.teacup, August 18, 2015, 03:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HildeKitten

Sorry to hear you got so incredibly sick pixie dust!
That said, it all depends on the bacteria that is making you ill.
Some take a few days to manifest, some can start presenting in a matter of half an hour, so it's not because someone is ill the same day that they've not got food poisoning.

But everyone that said it before is 100% corrrect: be careful with what you eat. But let's be fair, that goes for anywhere really.

littlebitofpixiedust

These things happen. It was an awful experience I was told by the doctor that the particular food poisoning I had had a 3-5 days incubation period and he said a lot of them are like that. Obviously you can get food poisoning from lots of those of foods but chicken and pork are the worst. I lost a stone in weight in that time I struggled to keep water down and sucked on ice cubes I've never felt so terrible!

Now I'm extremely careful I do not attempt chicken when I go away full stop sounds extreme but would rather cook it myself and not risk ending up like that again. The food poisoning was so severe it's left me with other medical issues and still all this time later I'm up and down from my gps and hospital still I wouldn't believe that it could have left me with issues but it took its toll on my body and I may need some surgery.

We're of again in around 4 weeks and sticking to the places I've eaten in hundreds of times!  :D King ludwigs, planet Hollywood, McDonald's, Inventions (only buffet I'll do) cant wait!

HildeKitten

I'm so sorry to hear that pixie dust!
I hope you'll get better soon!

I know the kind of food poisoning where you can't even keep water down. If you're in France and come accross a pharmacy, get a pack of Vogalib tablets. They're pretty good at countering food allergy incidents. Sadly they taste like barf, but at least they'll keep you from actually throwing up in most cases.
If you feel quesy at DLP, go straight to first aid, where they can give you either vogalib or vogaléne, the even stronger (which you can't get without a prescription) variant.

Samninetysix

Quote from: stifle on August 27, 2015, 02:24:51 PM
Food poisoning normally takes a few days to manifest. If you're ill the night you arrive at the park, it's unlikely to have been park food.

Generally 12-48 hours sometimes sooner depending on the type of food poisoning

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: HildeKitten on September 03, 2015, 02:58:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that pixie dust!
I hope you'll get better soon!

I know the kind of food poisoning where you can't even keep water down. If you're in France and come accross a pharmacy, get a pack of Vogalib tablets. They're pretty good at countering food allergy incidents. Sadly they taste like barf, but at least they'll keep you from actually throwing up in most cases.
If you feel quesy at DLP, go straight to first aid, where they can give you either vogalib or vogaléne, the even stronger (which you can't get without a prescription) variant.

I'll definatley remember your tip! Thanks I'm hoping to never have it again though  :(

loulou

I got food poisoning from The Rainforet Cafe in 2009, I was projectile vomiting all night and all the following day.  we were flying home on that day and We had to pay an extra €75 to keep the room for a late check out as I couldn't keep anything down.

Saying that, I have been to Disneyland 20 times on holiday and that's the only time something went wrong x
When you wish upon a star