Golden Forrest room or not???

Started by brooksey246, August 15, 2015, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brooksey246

Hi All,

I've booked Sequoia Lodge 3rd-6th Dec just on a basic room (I've booked through my friend who's a travel agent) she's stayed at the Sequoia before and advised I don't need a golden forest room. 

My other half can be a bit picky so am I worth upgrading the room or not? I think it might just be worth it for the warm breakfast alone!! 

Any ideas how much it would cost and would it be cheaper going direct through the hotel or adding it onto my original booking??

Thanks in advance

Puffin

Well, it's a nice extra, but it's really just an extra.

The breakfast is in a much more quiet room and you have the hot options which the normal breakfast hasn't. So that's a nice way to start your day. And then there's also the lounge room with free drinks and snacks in the afternoon. I wouldn't come back from the park especially for this, but as you are there in wintertime it's nice to have a relaxing warm up drink there if you're around the hotel. And you get a Hotel Fast Pass as well. Those are the three main advantages to the Golden Forest Club according to my opinion.
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

DisneyMumOf1

Puffin's right. I to booked a standard room thinking we didn't need the golden forest extras. But when I sat down and thought about it, we're going in the first week of Feb 2016 and our son will be 6. He gets quite tired easily and it's going to be cold so the thought of going back to a warm lounge for free hot drinks and to unwind is heaven lol. The separate lounge with hot food for breakfast is something my husband likes as he couldn't just eat continental each day (I could!) and I have an incredibly fussy boy so the hot breakfast will benefit him to. The fast passes sounded pretty cool as well ;D.  It seemed easier for us personally so I upgraded, it was only an extra £68 and I got a bonus at work that month so part of that paid for the upgrade! Just sit down and think whether it'll benefit you as a family or whether you think the added extras will just go to waste.

If I remember rightly someone also posted that you get a kettle and a nespresso machine in your room which you don't get with the standard ones. But I'm not to sure about that :) Whatever you decide the hotel is stunning either way!

HildeKitten

As everyone else said: if those upgrades are things you feel you can absolutely justify the added cost of the upgrade for, go ahead :)
But if you don't mind not having hot breakfast and will pretty much only be in your room to shower and sleep so to speak, your friend is definitely right when she said you don't need the upgrade :)

brooksey246

thanks for the replies, I'm waiting for a price on the upgrade.  My little girl is 3 and it could be an idea to go back to the hotel mid afternoon if she gets tired so we can have a slightly later night with her.  To be honest its the breakfast we will be wanting more than anything as continental isn't really our thing.

HildeKitten

It's just an idea, but if it turns out to be quite an expensive upgrade, you could just have a little to eat at the hotel in the morning and have something hot to eat at a place like Earl of Sandwich in the Village.
Going back for a nap with your daughter you can do anyway, whether you have a Golden Forest or a regular room :)

abismummy

We are thinking of this too for next year.  Apparently you get 1 fast pass per day for 1 ride. The vip fastpass is only in suites.

disneymadfamily2014

We stayed in a Golden Forest Room last year and will be staying in one again this New Year.

As a family of 4 - with our 8 year old son having adhd/odd and autistic traits, we found having the lounge in the afternoon to go back to for snacks and a drink was a godsend, purely so that he could have a bit of a chill and down time away from all the excitement of the parks and to get him to have something to eat. 

Hubby also liked having the coffee machine in our room for 1st thing in the morning.

We also got a fastpass each for each day of our stay which came in very handy with our son and we also found that breakfast was a nice pleasant quiet start to the day.

For us as a family, we found paying the extra money worthwhile but its not for everyone.