Travelling by car using euro tunnel

Started by Ryporter27, July 31, 2015, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryporter27

Was wondering if anyone has used the eurotunnel lately ? Meant to be travelling by car early September and just wondering if it's worth booking another option

daddyof2

My boss went that way today. Its hard to say what might happen between in the next month

HildeKitten

Like daddyof2 said: its hard to predict what will happen in September.
I think that if you want and need peace of mind you may want to consider other options.
In any case it can't hurt to look at those and see if any are good for you or not.

If you do book with eurotunnel, make sure to get a really good travel insurance that allows you to recouperate your costs in case eurotunnel proves to be a total no-go last minute.

A&S&O

As people have said, who knows what's going to happen.

What are the alternatives to the tunnel - DFDS (have been hit by strikes and port blockades recently), P&O (no problems so far, apart from those caused by Operation Stack - which affects all methods of channel crossing).
In addition, you have the French farmers blockading the motorways and spraying cars with manure.

Portsmouth have reported a 30% increase in people using their port to cross to France.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

daddyof2

I think if you're travelling from the South West, Portsmouth is a good alternative option. A colleague said Hull-Zeebrugge was good, so those from Yorkshire and the North East should consider that. From the North West, Wales and Scotland flying is often the most convenient travel option