Disneyland Paris Trip report- 18th of july 2015

Started by cinderella, July 19, 2015, 09:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinderella

Hi everyone!
This is my first ever trip report! English is not my native language, so sorry if there are any mistakes!
Hope you like it!

My sister and I were SO excited last friday.
At 00:30 the Milot bus (a Dutch company that organises trips to theme themeparks etc( would take us to Disneyland Paris! We'd been watching Disney movies and busy packing the entire day!

At 23.45 it was time to go the bus stop. My parents dropped us of by car. The bus arrived in time. By 00:30 we were buckled up and on our way to Disney! We were extremely excited!!

I didn't sleep much on our way there. I never really get much sleep when I travel by bus. I didn't get to interact with much of the other travelers as well since there were all very much asleep.
When I finally dozed off a child behind me kicked my seat which woke me up. The mother and her child behind couldn't really sit stil land they kept kicking me and my sister's seat. A little while later we decided to go sit on the empty seats before us. That way we had no one behind us haha!

It was a long journey but somewhere around 7.55 AM we arrived at the parking lot. YAAAAAAAY!!!

Since me and my sister both have an annual pass (and entrance to the extra magic hours) we could already leave the bus and go to the park. The rest had to wait till 9 AM to get their tickets!
My sister and I walked to the park. Hearing the cheerful Disney tunes while walking through the parking lot always gets us in the Disney mood!

When we arrived at the park we were so happy, nothing beats the feeling of arriving at Disney! Because of the magic hours we decided to go ride some attractions first (cause after 10 AM the lines can get really long). At Town Square we saw some characters (Goofy, Mickey and Minnie and Donald Duck). But since the queue to meet them was really long we decided to just walk through Main Street.

We had a look at the Information sign at Central Plaza and saw that the queue for Peter Pan was just 5 minutes! We couldn't skip this one, it's one of our favorites! And a 5 minute wait? Couldn't be better!
When we got there it turned out that there was no queue at all! The cast member even asked us if we wanted a vehicle of our own. Uhmmm. YES!!

After our magical trip to Neverland we decided to go to Dumbo. Fantasyland was so quiet! Dumbo had no queue as well. This ride is just so cute!

When we were done flying on Dumbo we walked through Fantasyland and saw that Pinocchio was already open! Since this ride had NO queue as well we decided to ride tghis one as well!
I really love those old fashioned Disney rides like Pinocchio, Peter Pan and Snow White. They're one of my favorites and really have that 'Walt' feeling!

When we walked over to Discoveryland we saw that the queue for Buzz was just 5 minutes! We really love that ride, even though I'm extremely bad at 'shooting' points haha. I had a pretty decent score this time though, so I was proud haha!

After our magical tour through Planet Z we walked over to Market House Deli. We love the atmosphere at Main Street and to people watch haha!

Around 10 AM we decided to go to Disney Village. We knew that there was Solden at the Disney shops and we coulnd't wait to see what they had to offer!
We checked Emporium, World of Disney, Art of Disney Gallery en Disney Fashion, but they all didn't have a lot of things on sale. That was a bit of a downer but oh well, it didn't spoil the fun we had!!
Since we really wanted to ride Ratatouille we walked over tot he studios to go tot he Single Rider's line. Unfortunaly, there was a technical problem..
Because of that we decided to go to Art of Disney where we did the Art Academy. We drew 'The Big Boss' himself; Mickey Mouse! I always love the drawing academy. The cast member was very nice and friendly and had lots of interaction with us and the other guests since he spoke 4 different languages!

We when we were done drawing we decided to sit on a banch to enjoy the sun. After a couple of minutes we saw Pluto walking by! I walked up to him and had a little chat about the nice weather and my Little Mermaid shirt (which he loved btw!).
It was such a fun character meet!

We saw enough of the studios and walked to the entrance/exit. On our way there we had a small stop at the shop were I found some nice stuff on sale. I bought an awesome Cruella bag which was only 2 euros! Since I also got a 20% discount because of my annual pass it just cost me 1,60 euros!!

Since we had been walking for a couple of hours now we were a bit hungry so we walked over the McDonals to have some fries and a burger!

After dinner we had a quick stop at the Disneyland Hotel. We always go there to fresh up and visit their boutique. We stayed here on our first trip to DLRP so it also makes us feel nostalgic. So many happy memories!!

It was so hot and sunny, perfect weather! We went over to Fantasyland to see if we could spot some princesses. Within a couple of minutes we saw Ariel and Snow White walking by, my two favorites! I was so happy.  :D

After that we walked over to Auberge to see if we were lucky enough to spot some princesses over there. Even thouggh we didn't see any princesses, we did see the ever so lovely mice Suzy and Perla!

All the queues of the rides were quite long (varied from 50 to 70 minutes), so we decided to go to some shops in Adventureland and Frontierland. We really hoped to see some nice stuff on sale!

When it was around 01.30 PM we walked over to the new Frozen Village in Frontierland. The English variant of the Frozen Sing Along would start at 02.10 PM and my sister, the huge Frozen fan that she is, really wanted to see it!

During that show we had one of the highlights of our day! During let it go there they projected some of the people who were singing in the audience on the big screen on stage. At some point my sister have me a nudge and went  "LOOK!!" When I looked up and saw my sister and myself being projected! It waas so cool!!!
This show is really fun! I wasn't particulary thrilled to see it because I'm not really into the shows, but this one was so muych fun!! Really adorable!! It was so cute to see all the childeren in the audience freaking out in their Anna and Elsa dresses!

I'll show you my favorite pics of the show.

This first pic when me and my sister were on the big screen.  :D

With sore throats because of the singing along we walked through the village where we made some pictures. The Frozen area in Frontierland is so cute!!

We walked through Adventureland, on our way to ride It's a Small World. The queue was just 10 minutes. So that wasn't too bad at all!!! Especially since all the other rides had queues around 60 minutes.

After this magical voyage we went to Emporium for some last purchases. I bought these adorable plushie and tsum tsum's:

I think they're really cute and actually match like a set!

We walked back to the studios because we really wanted to ride Ratatouille. Alas, it had a technical problem... The Ratatouille band was playing in front of the building. They really cheered up the audience, all the children were dacing tot he music! I just absolutely love the ambiance on La Place de Rémy.

After a short walk through Disney Village it was time to walk tot he bus which would leave 6PM.
We didn't get to see Dreams and the parade but we'll make that up when we go back in a couple of weeks!
It was an extremely fun and amazing day and I can't wait to go back!
See you REALLY soon Disneyland!!!!!
Have courage and be kind.

BlackPearl

Wow, only one day and you did so many things!
Thanks for sharing your report and the great pictures.  :D

cinderella

Quote from: BlackPearl on July 19, 2015, 11:09:27 PM
Wow, only one day and you did so many things!
Thanks for sharing your report and the great pictures.  :D

Yeah, we really got to do a lot!! :D
Thank you so much, I'm happy you like it!!

Disney Matt

Lovely report & pictures :)
Quick question...did you get to talk to Ariel or Snow White?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

norhel

Nice report :-)
Looks like you had a great time :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Mamaboogie

Wonderful! Lovely report and great photos!

It's really put me in the mood for my visit in 3 weeks  ;D

ilovedisneylandparis

Such a cute report! I'm so glad you wrote one, it was magical to read and has put me in such a good mood :') I love the fact that you have a big Lucifer toy and the little mice Tsum Tsum, they're perfect sizes!  :-*

DisneyRon

Lovely 1-day report ;D Looks like you had a lovely time.

daddyof2

cinderella

Quote from: daddyof2 on July 20, 2015, 09:08:40 PM
Nice report - love the Lucifer plush

Thank you so much!

Quote from: DisneyRon on July 20, 2015, 08:18:36 PM
Lovely 1-day report ;D Looks like you had a lovely time.

Thank you!! I really had a wonderful time!  :)

Quote from: ilovedisneylandparis on July 20, 2015, 07:46:10 PM
Such a cute report! I'm so glad you wrote one, it was magical to read and has put me in such a good mood :') I love the fact that you have a big Lucifer toy and the little mice Tsum Tsum, they're perfect sizes!  :-*

Thanks dear!! <3 Haha yeah, it really made me feel like it was an actual set!  ;D

Quote from: Mamaboogie on July 20, 2015, 06:49:41 PM
Wonderful! Lovely report and great photos!

It's really put me in the mood for my visit in 3 weeks  ;D

Ahwwww, thanks!! Hope you have an amazing time!! :D

Quote from: norhel on July 20, 2015, 03:18:12 PM
Nice report :-)
Looks like you had a great time :-)
Thank you!! We really had a wonderful time. :)

Quote from: Mathierson24 on July 20, 2015, 03:12:42 PM
Lovely report & pictures :)
Quick question...did you get to talk to Ariel or Snow White?

No, unfortunately not. They were on their way to the princess pavilion! :)