Reviews, Opinions and Pictures!

Started by CindersFaye, July 12, 2015, 10:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CindersFaye

Hi guys  :)
This post has multiple topics in one so I thought planning would be the best section for this.
I'd just like you, if possible, to give me your opinions/reviews/pictures on Sequoia Lodge, AMAZING places I need to eat at Disneyland (with pictures to tempt me even more) and any pictures you may have the shops and merchandise which is sold there!
This is pretty much because I am so excited for my trip but I still need to do little planning such as restaurants etc.
Thank you in advance  ;D
Disney Trip - 27th - 30th September - Sequoia Lodge

SophieMiddleton

Sequoia Lodge, is quite possibly my favourite hotel at Disneyland Paris. Most of the time you forget you're at Disney because the theming is there but it's not so in your face. It's always clean and tidy, the buffet is lovely whether you're just there for breakfast or for evenings as well. I've never had a problen with any of the staff either.  :)

As for restaurants, it depends what kind of meal you're wanting. Buffet, table service or fast food?

DisneyChris11

Haven't ever been to Sequoia Lodge so cant comment, but have heard good things, I'd recommend Plaza Gardens if you fancy a buffet restaurant - Lots of choice & tasty!
One I can help you on is shops and merchandise :)
There's so many little & Big shops at Disneyland Paris and each has unique products so make sure you check a lot of them out.

The Best shop of them all! -

Some Disney Dreams Merchandise -

A Disney Dreams Light Up Photo Album -

In Souvenirs de Paris in Place de Remy in Walt Disney Studios

In the Christmas Shop -

And in the slightly more expensive shop under Sleeping Beauty's Castle :) -

littlebitofpixiedust

I've stayed in the sequioa many times, so many I've lost count! We love it, it's cosy not too far from Disney village or the parks (would suggest walking though village rather than shuttle bus) easier by all accounts it takes like 10mins.
Breakfast like in most Disney hotels can get very busy so get there before 7.30 if you want to make most of magic hours that is from then on you'll be Queing unless of course you go around 9.30 it should be quieter.

We're staying there infact on our next visit in October my son chose it above the rest!

Anyway I'd suggest king ludwigs in Disney village food is lovely and theres a good variety too, buffet wise plaza gardens is nice but can get very loud and busy choose your time well. Inventions buffet in the DLH is great but pricey but the you've got the characters too.

Have fantastic visit! I'm not very good at uploading photos to this Unfortunatly as only using an iPad!

CindersFaye

Quote from: SophieMiddleton on July 12, 2015, 10:52:14 PM
Sequoia Lodge, is quite possibly my favourite hotel at Disneyland Paris. Most of the time you forget you're at Disney because the theming is there but it's not so in your face. It's always clean and tidy, the buffet is lovely whether you're just there for breakfast or for evenings as well. I've never had a problen with any of the staff either.  :)

As for restaurants, it depends what kind of meal you're wanting. Buffet, table service or fast food?

Sounds good, so excited!
Honestly, anything which is good, not too pricey though, my budget is slightly limited. Maybe one table service over the whole trip.

CindersFaye

Thank you littlebitofpixiedust sounds good, I will 100% walk seems so much easier, I hope you enjoy your trip! I have also heard good reviews about King Ludwigs!

Thank you DisneyChris11 for those lovely photos, it all looks so amazing, I really want to get either a photo album or photo frame so glad you included a picture of one, making me very excited! :D

Puffin

Sequoia Lodge is a wonderful hotel especially at winter time because of its coziness. Try to secure a seat at the fireplace in the bar for a nighttime drink. the best way to end the day!
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

HildeKitten

I love the Sequoia Lodge! It's very comfortable, pleasant, awesome in general and within easy walking distance to the park.
The one thing you need to look out for is the pool opening hours, it's not always open and you need to doube check the opening hours yourself, as you may not be informed of the correct hours at the hotel's info desk in the lobby.

AmyT14

We stayed at Sequoia lodge in June this year and loved it... it's a lovely variation to the hustle and bustle of the parks as once you're in the grounds it feels so peaceful like you're in the middle of nowhere. We found the room lovely and clean, plenty of room, no complaints at all. Breakfast also lovely, plenty there (we only had the cold option but that was fine) and wasn't too busy when we went (we had a 7.30am breakfast booked over 5 days). Also don't see why anyone would get the shuttle bus, absolutely lovely walk round the lake to Disney Village - and we had 3 children with us, they loved the walk too.

In terms of eating on a budget - Buzz's Pizza Planet was my favourite! I love Toy Story though and it has a play area for the children so that was a winner for us. Thought Plaza Gardens was ok too. We also liked the Steakhouse in Disney Village and Rainforest Cafe was a major winner (my daughter is animal mad!).

Have a great time.