First ever post - Halloween

Started by Obsidian, September 19, 2014, 11:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obsidian

Hi folks,

This is my first post, although I've been a long time visitor to this site. It's been a few years since my last visit to DLP and this time we're going for Halloween. We've got tickets for the evening celebration and I was wondering if guests still dress up in costumes?

My last Halloween visit was a long time ago and nearly every guest was in fancy dress. I'm hoping it's the same but thought I'd best check!

Thanks folks

Mrsya

Think I've read somewhere that adult fancy dress is aloud but no masks, scary costumes, swords or knives and no posing for pictures with other guests?

moonloo

Ooooh good question because usually adults are not permitted to dress up in the parks are they? I'd like to think Halloween is the exception to the rule? I'd love to be there this time of year!!! Sorry I don't have the answer, but have fun and report back!!!!!!!

jackieann

Pretty sure you can dress up for the actual Halloween party ( the ticket event on 31st). when I last went we had pics taken with people dressed up to.

jeakat24

We dressed up a few years ago. Evil queen from Snow White and darth vader  ;D You could tell we weren't official ones though just from the style of the outfit

A lot of people dress up for the evening

Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

twentythingamabobs

You can definitely dress up for the Halloween Party, it is the highlight of my year!! No masks, nothing too scary and if you decide to dress up as a Disney character, you cannot pose for photographs or sign autographs for other guests. You will have a ball, I can't wait!!!!!

CaptainKennySparrow

Hi there!

I'm going this year with my wife for Halloween and what's the rules for dressing as a disney character? I had a euro disney worker saying if I dress as Jack sparrow then I'll get turned away!
Take what you can....give nothing back.

Disneyprincesswannab

We went last year to the party and we saw a couple of Jack Sparrows. Going as Belle -daughter-and Fairy Godmother-me-this year!! See you there.

HildeKitten

I think that, and this is always the case when DLP is concerned, it all depends on who is at the entrance.
I've seen photos of people in such realistic character costumes that I honestly thought they had taken a picture of official characters, and they got in.
At the same time I heard stories of people in character costumes of which you could clearly tell they weren't official Disney ones, not being allowed in.

So I'd say it's a 50-50 chance you can get away with dressing up as Jack Sparrow and being allowed in. When in doubt, put your tricorn and coat in a bag and manually carry it in, or tie your coat around your waist, something like that. Because if you put them on once you're in, I think chances of you getting sent back out because of how you look are very slim.

CaptainKennySparrow

Thanks for the heads up HildeKitten! I know on the Disney website there is a disclaimer about "if you dress as your favourite Disney character then you must refrain from posing for pictures or autographs" 

Every time I mention that disclaimer to a Euro Disney employee they say "you cant dress as Jack Sparrow due to the real one being there"

So I replied with "Oh is Johnny Depp going to be there " haha I didn't get a reply

My wife and kids would be so upset if we got turned away! Im going to print off the disclaimer on the website and I have a facebook message from a Disney worker on the official paris facebook last year saying its allowed.

Im going to really lay on thick my Scottish accent so Im not confused with haha

Take what you can....give nothing back.

seraphelle

I really don't think you'll get turned away. I was there for the Halloween party last year, my husband and I dressed like Jack and Sally and nobody batted an eye. As long as you're not spotted trying to BE the character and having photos taken as if you are an official character then I think you'll be fine.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019