New visit

Started by gemmasteele84, July 08, 2015, 04:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemmasteele84

Hiya everyone :)
I was a very active member on this board a couple of years ago (wow has it been that long?!) but since we had no more Disney plans I went quiet. Now we plan to go in October and I feel very overwhelmed! We're not staying in the park this time, staying at Explorer hotel, and no idea on where is best to eat, where is best to see characters, any hidden tips etc. I'll have a read around after the school run but does anybody have any advice in the meantime?
Cant wait to get to know all of you again :)

SophieMiddleton

Welcome back!  :D

My personal favourite places to eat would have to be Earl of Sandwich if you're just after a quick bite to eat, or if you're after character dining, Inventions or Cafe Mickey. Cafe Mickey is cheaper but Inventions is much more relaxed and the characters tend to spend more time at your table (and the buffet service is a plus ;)" In the park itself, a majority of it is fast food, so if you're after a sit down table service meal your best bet is in the village somewhere!

For character meet and greets, pick up a park guide when you arrive for scheduled times and meets, and there's also the Meet Mickey Mouse situated in Fantasyland near Dumbo the Flying Elephant, or the Princess Pavilion next to It's A Small World, but be prepared for long queues in the middle of the day! Apart from that, seeing characters is just pure luck!

Also now, if you're interested in having a lot of professional photos, Disneyland Paris now operate a PhotoPass service which you can read about here http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/guest-services/photopass-service/ and it's extremely good value for money! Hope you have a lovely time planning  :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Welcome back  :)

My personal favorite places to eat are mainly in Disney village, king ludwigs, planet Hollywood, rainforest cafe. Prefer inventions to cafe Mickey if your budget allows.
Were too of in October staying at sequoia lodge, Halloween season is a great time to go! Make sure as above you check programmes of meet and greets the villans will be out as last year. Have a wonderful time 😃

gemmasteele84

Thanks guys :) Do you know when the soonest I can book meals is? We want to have lunch with the princess' and I know that books up quick

DisneyRon

Quote from: gemmasteele84 on July 08, 2015, 08:34:00 PM
Thanks guys :) Do you know when the soonest I can book meals is? We want to have lunch with the princess' and I know that books up quick

it's 2 months in advance. :D Mark that calendar. ;)

gemmasteele84