A silly question regarding rides...

Started by Komble, June 24, 2015, 11:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komble

Hello! I thought I'd ask this question as I didn't have much luck after Googling - I apologise if this is in the wrong section or if it's been asked before!

When going on some of the 'bigger' rides (e.g Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain and other rides with 'loops') where do you put your bag? - I was hoping to use a backpack whilst in the park to keep my drink/camera/snacks and everyone online seems to say that you can take your bag on the ride with you? Is this right?

I've never been on a 'bigger' ride before and it sounds dangerous to me, haha!

Disney Matt

Yeah you can take them on with you. They normally tell you to put it between your legs but my bag has a long strap so i have it round my waist & it hangs between my legs...i've never been told of for this.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

msRavenswood

I always put my backback between my legs and secure one shoulder strap by putting my leg through it just to be safe.

twentythingamabobs

I know it seems odd at first but you soon get used to it :)

Only ride I can think of where there is a place for your bags is on RC Racer - there is a little enclosed space right in front of your seat or there are shelves you can put your bags on.

never2old

I always keep my bag between my legs and never had any issues :)

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on June 25, 2015, 01:21:12 PM
I know it seems odd at first but you soon get used to it :)

Only ride I can think of where there is a place for your bags is on RC Racer - there is a little enclosed space right in front of your seat or there are shelves you can put your bags on.

In the Parachutes they also have a place to keep all your belongings!

twentythingamabobs

Ah of course, had forgot about parachutes!

The worst one for bags is Crush in my opinion, I always feel totally panicked trying to stuff my bags in that tiny space at my feet as quickly as possible! Got quite long legs so it's difficult enough to get myself sorted never mind my belongings as well  ;D

Komble

Thanks for all the replies! I thought it was crazy at first but I guess I'll get used to it! (my panic may be linked to the fact I've never been on a looping rollercoaster before!)

Thanks for the Crush tip! I'll have to try and remember to be prepared in advance!

Thanks again, it's put me at ease knowing that it'll be fine :)

stifle

As per above, if the cast members think the bag is at risk of flying away they will ask to mind it for you on the platform.

Note that RC Racer does not allow anything bigger than a small rucksack as you can't leave bags loose — they'd go flying at the tops of the track — so there are nice little storage bins in each row. There's a sizer at the ride entrance allowing you to check whether your bag is too big. And no bags at all are allowed on Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop, for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Again, in each case there are a few crates to mind larger bags on the platform if needed.

LotsoHugginBear

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on June 25, 2015, 03:47:28 PM

The worst one for bags is Crush in my opinion, I always feel totally panicked trying to stuff my bags in that tiny space at my feet as quickly as possible!

I am totally with you! Crush with a backpack always brings me close to an heartattack :-)

Komble

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on June 26, 2015, 12:51:27 AM

The worst one for bags is Crush in my opinion, I always feel totally panicked trying to stuff my bags in that tiny space at my feet as quickly as possible!

I am totally with you! Crush with a backpack always brings me close to an heartattack :-)

Ooh, maybe someone could elaborate a little?

Is it a rush because there's a sudden drop near the beginning of the ride or is it because it's similar to Phantom Manor (constantly moving?) - I haven't been on Crush's Coaster with or without bags before :P

msRavenswood

Quote from: Komble on June 26, 2015, 02:22:02 PM
Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on June 26, 2015, 12:51:27 AM

Is it a rush because there's a sudden drop near the beginning of the ride or is it because it's similar to Phantom Manor (constantly moving?) - I haven't been on Crush's Coaster with or without bags before :P

The turtle shells don't actually stop for you to get on, they simply move slowly so you need to get on and get off the vehicle fast. Top that with the little space they have because of the safety bar and you have very little time to cram your backback between your legs. But it's a ride not to be missed.
Ooh, maybe someone could elaborate a little?

HildeKitten

I don't think this is a stupid question at all! Especially not considering that at many parks (here in Belgium at least) you are expected to leave your bag on the loading platform etc.

I have a handy trick (because I do tend to worry). When I put my bag down on the floor, I loop my leg through it. It's never been in any danger of falling out, but even if it was (which it isn't) it wouldn't actually get out, because it'd be stuck to my leg. Does wonders for the peace of mind, because of could you KNOW it can't fall out, but if you worry (like me) that may help in assuring you it really won't go anywhere :)

The problem with Crush, at least I felt like it was the one time I went on, is that the CMs tend to rush people on, so you have a feeling you can't get properly settled in. But we had two backpacks and an umbrella with us and it all went fine in the end, so even though it's a bit stressy at first, you don't need to worry :)

stifle

Yeah, Crush's Coaster loading can feel very hurried. But they can't send the shell away until you're properly in and the lap bar is down, so take those extra few seconds if you need them.

Komble

Thank you everyone! I'll make sure I'm prepared before we reach the front of the queue!

HildeKitten, I always thought it was standard here in the UK to leave your bag on the loading platform or with friends who aren't going with you whilst you ride... In the past I've never been on faster rides (or even been in charge of a bag!) this trip I know I'll be in charge of my own belongings and I'll finally be braving the 'larger' rollercoasters so I'm doing everything I can to prepare myself in advance! Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely be doing that!! :D

HildeKitten

My advise would be to start with Big Thunder Mountain and work your way up to the others then :)
Thunder is probably also the least stressing to get settled, so that sort of helps you settling into things if that makes sense?

It will all work out just fine, and I'm sure you'll have a great time :)
Take a bag that won't hurt your back and shoulders and that you can carry comfortably :)