Dreams

Started by Susiesuedisney, June 23, 2015, 12:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susiesuedisney

What time does the show start?

We are at the end of July with a 5 and 10 year old so wondered what time it starts and how long it lasts

Thanks

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Susiesuedisney on June 23, 2015, 12:15:54 AM
What time does the show start?

We are at the end of July with a 5 and 10 year old so wondered what time it starts and how long it lasts

Thanks

Disney Dreams is about 20 minutes long. It starts at closing time.
You can find the closing time for your dates on the official Disneyland Paris website.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

stifle

Or to save you looking it up, in July it is at 11:00pm.

Susiesuedisney

Oh my god, just as I thought then, don't know how we will keep kids awake......... But we will try

grovesie

We normally return to the hotel early then return to the park after diner. If your children are young enough try to get them to have an afternoon nap.

AmyT14

We got back on Sunday and yes, the show starts at 11, recommnd you getting there fairly early to get a good spot, they do a brief fountain display about 10.45. We have 3 daughters age 9, 4 and 2 but just me and the 9 year old stayed up for it, the younger ones could never have managed it and wouldn't have liked it anyway.

It was fab though, enjoy. x

cmpeter

Amy - how early is "fairly early"?  If we get there at 10:00 is that early enough?  We'll be there July 6-10.

Would love suggestions as to where to sit/stand to get the best views too.  Thanks!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: cmpeter on June 26, 2015, 07:07:23 PM
Amy - how early is "fairly early"?  If we get there at 10:00 is that early enough?  We'll be there July 6-10.

Would love suggestions as to where to sit/stand to get the best views too.  Thanks!

That depends on where you stand and how busy it is.
I personally always watch it front row, don't want to watch it anywhere else.
So I always take my place 2 hours before it starts.
On really crowded days I even had nights where I took my place 3/3,5 hours beforehand.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Komble

Quote from: DLRPWonders on June 26, 2015, 07:24:41 PM
Quote from: cmpeter on June 26, 2015, 07:07:23 PM

That depends on where you stand and how busy it is.
I personally always watch it front row, don't want to watch it anywhere else.
So I always take my place 2 hours before it starts.
On really crowded days I even had nights where I took my place 3/3,5 hours beforehand.
Wow! We are there the first week of February and from past years closing times I assume that Dreams will start at about 7pm! Hopefully us getting there an hour earlier will work out because 2-4 hours earlier could end up really eating into our day....

I'm so excited for it though, so I'll probably get there really early at least once - I haven't even watched the videos on YouTube because I really want everything to be a surprise :D

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Komble on June 27, 2015, 11:10:18 AM
Wow! We are there the first week of February and from past years closing times I assume that Dreams will start at about 7pm! Hopefully us getting there an hour earlier will work out because 2-4 hours earlier could end up really eating into our day....

I'm so excited for it though, so I'll probably get there really early at least once - I haven't even watched the videos on YouTube because I really want everything to be a surprise :D

I think you misunderstood.
You don't HAVE to take your place that early beforehand.
I personally just always do it, because I want to be front row.
But as I said...it all depends on where you want to watch it, and how busy it is.

1) It's not that busy in February
2) If you decide to watch it from further into Main Street USA, 30-45 minutes beforehand can be early enough

It all depends on what the crowd level that day is, and where you decide is a good view for you.

AmyT14

We were sat fairly near the front, sat down at about 9:30-9:45pm and there were a few people already there but we had a fab view... beware of people who have no manners who will try and climb over you closer to the start time and squeeze in to the smallest space though, it drove me mad!!

We ate our evening meal at 6:15, had a wander round the shops, got a drink and a snack and sat down. Obviously it wasn't school holidays (for England or France anyway) so probably not one of the peak weeks, although it was a friday night.