Travelling into Paris from DLP

Started by lawleypop2011, June 08, 2015, 11:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawleypop2011

I am visiting DLP in July and would like to have a day in Paris visiting Eiffel Tower.  I have done the journey once before and went from DLP to CHATELET LES HALLES  then ST MICHEL ND then CHAMP DE MARS TOUR EIFFEL but there are no trains on this route around 20/21 July in the morning and there doesn't appear to be any planned works.  Does anyone know why this is?  If I got off at Notre Dame how far a walk is it to Eiffel Tower?

musicaljojo

How long does it take from DLP to Paris on the train? For our trip, we was planning on taking one day in Paris and possibly Versailles?

x

Mileto

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

msRavenswood

From Charles de Gaulle Ètoile it's 45-50 mins to DLP.

BlackPearl

Quote from: lawleypop2011 on June 08, 2015, 11:38:25 AM
I am visiting DLP in July and would like to have a day in Paris visiting Eiffel Tower.  I have done the journey once before and went from DLP to CHATELET LES HALLES  then ST MICHEL ND then CHAMP DE MARS TOUR EIFFEL but there are no trains on this route around 20/21 July in the morning and there doesn't appear to be any planned works.  Does anyone know why this is?  If I got off at Notre Dame how far a walk is it to Eiffel Tower?

I don't know about the why, but we used this route, the last times we visited Paris.
If I'm not mistaken the line from Disneyland runs up to "Charles-de-Gaulle-Etoile", so you could stay in the train. At "Charles-de-Gaulle-Etoile" you can change to line number 6 (best check if the numbers are correct, my métro-plan isn't the latest) until "Trocadero"; it's only three stations from Charles-de-Gaulle. You will have a fantastic view (I think it's the most beautiful view) of the Eiffeltower from Place de Trocadero / Palais de Chaillot and it's only a short walk from up there to the tower.
(A walk from Nôtre-Dames would be some kilometres long, I guess, nice but long)

stifle

The RER A has random parts closed most weekends for upgrade works, and between 25 July and 23 August the section from Auber to La Défense will close completely. There will be no RER A trains whatsoever at Charles-de-Gaulle-Étoile. Travel to the area from DLP by changing at Gare de Lyon for Metro line 1.

For Versailles change at Châtelet-Les-Halles and St-Michel-Notre-Dame to get on line C.

The stations for the Eiffel Tower are Bir-Hakeim on line 6 and Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel on line C.

Jane

Quote from: lawleypop2011 on June 08, 2015, 11:38:25 AM

We walked from Louvre to Eiffel Tower once in August - never again.  It's a very long walk in hot weather.  I think Notre Dame is slightly further.

thatgirlkatie

I've walked to Notre Dame from the Eiffel Tower and wouldn't really recommend it, but that was after two days of walking in the park and walking all day around paris. It's about an hours walk.
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

Slimy yet satisfying

We plan on taking the car in very early so we can get parked somewhere near the hop on off bus route. I think i would rather have a bit of a walk in the cooler morning and then have someone else do the driving and route planning for the rest of the day. As we have a car full all day parking will also be cheaper than 5 train passes and parking at the train station, plus we can load up the car with drinks and snacks for the drive back without having to lug them about all day. Looking at the bus route there are some larger parking areas nearby. Does anyone have any suggestions on best parking?
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

TinkSassy

How long does it take to drive and park?  I'm planning on going in for 4 days so if that is a big time saver I'm open to it - I know I should move hotels but I can't beat the price I'm getting at the Marriot at DLP (Free!). 

DisneyRose

Get off at CHATELET LES HALLES and then do the 5/10 min walk down to the river. catch the BATOBUS commuter boat service) to the Eiffel Tower.  It is a fantastic view as you round the bend in the river and see the Eiffel tower for the first time.

If when you come back you stay on the batobus past the Chatelet Les Halles stop, you can see (or get off at) Notre Dame before the boat comes back to the Chatelet Les Halles stop.  YOu can also see the Pompadeiu Centre on this round trip, it only adds an few minutes walk between Chatelet Les Halles and the boat
WDW -1987 DLP -1993(?) DLP - 1999 WDW - 2005
DLP My explorers 2006
DLP Newport bay 2007 2010
DLP sequoia 2008, 2011 2013 2015 2016, 2017