Arriving at DLP

Started by frostie, May 30, 2015, 05:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostie

Hi everyone,
When you arrive on the direct Eurostar at 2pm, how crazy is it getting on the buses to your hotel?
We are staying at the Hotel Cheyenne in August, arriving on a Saturday and I just wondered if it is easier to walk to the hotel and if it is easy to find?
Thanks in advance

TappyFish

The buses are always busy, more so when new arrivals disembark from the train. At 2pm, most guests should already be out and about, however the large number of guests wanting to check-in will make the buses busy. I'd recommend walking to/from your hotel at all times, unless your bus isn't packed. I know loads of people complain about busy buses in the UK, however compared to a busy disney bus, the UK buses are a doddle!

Walking to Cheyenne should only take you 15-20 minutes, depending on walking speed and amount of baggage.

Zee79

From the station walk straight through the Disney village & follow the path past HNY and follow it round. The Cheyenne is on the left & reception will be sign posted. We walk it all the time now.

littlebitofpixiedust

Oh the dreaded shuttle buses  :o haha I assume august on a Saturday will be beyond madness. The walk to the Cheyenne isn't too long and can be pleasant in good weather, zee79 gave you the right directions. Some years ago we walked the total wrong way to the Cheyenne after waiting for a shuttle bus for so long and people literally pushing they're way Infront! Through Disney village is the correct way  :) we havnt used he buses in years now I think unless there's one there and you see it's got no que its not worth it by the time you wait you'd probably be almost there.

Have a magical Disney trip!

frostie

Thank you. I think my daughter will probably be running it!
I actually booked the Disney express but think that I'll only use it on the way back because I'd like to get checked in and drop of non essential things from my bag. Also I'd like to book my breakfast slot!

HildeKitten

If you have bags that allow you to walk (so aren't too cumbersome, impractical or heavy), I would definitely walk it.
Personally I find that it's often faster to walk it, as it can take a while for busses to arrive, and then they have to go to the hotel also, it generally amounts to the same time as walking.
And as others have said: the busses can get very busy, so if your bags allow it, walking is probably a lot more comfortable and fun :)

grovesie

Disney express all the way for me. cases delivered to your room and straight to the parks. Check in at leisure a bit later. Well worth the money