Phantom manor book?

Started by Shirley, October 24, 2015, 11:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Hi need some help please
I was reading a trip report on this and on it someone mentioned a book about phantom manor. It is all about how it all started with loads of pictures in it too. I really want to get this book for my son. I am putting a disney box together for christmas with disney stuff nd tickets to go back to disney and my son would really love this book. When we went last year Calum got very upset that Phamtom manor was Closed even tho it was our first ever time in disney and he had never even seen the ride but he just really liked the idea of it so I think he'd be delighted to find the book along with the tickets. Ive tried lookin it up but because im not totally sure of its name its not coming up and because I've read so many trip reports I can't find which one :-/ so if u can help please do :-)

RockNRoller

The book your after is called "The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies" and it is awesome. So much information and hundreds of photo's of every version of the mansion world wide. The front cover features the image from "The Haunted Mansion" movie poster.
The problem you may have is because it is an old book it's quite scarce and therefor expensive. Just had a quick look through a few on line book sellers and the cheapest I found was £37.00.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

RockNRoller

On top of what I said above have just discovered that there is another version of the same book called "The Haunted Mansion: Imagineering a Disney Classic (From the Magic Kingdom)" by the same author, Jason Surrel, which is essentially a re-print of the book I mentioned above but all references to the Eddie Murphy film have been taken out, at least that's what the review says. According to the info I can see it came out this year so is much cheaper than the original.

Shirley

Quote from: RockNRoller on October 25, 2015, 10:37:14 AM
On top of what I said above have just discovered that there is another version of the same book called "The Haunted Mansion: Imagineering a Disney Classic (From the Magic Kingdom)" by the same author, Jason Surrel, which is essentially a re-print of the book I mentioned above but all references to the Eddie Murphy film have been taken out, at least that's what the review says. According to the info I can see it came out this year so is much cheaper than the original.
Ah this is brilliant thank you so much for your help. Ill look it up now Thank you :-)

Remco K.

which is essentially a re-print of the book I mentioned above but all references to the Eddie Murphy film have been taken out
Which is not worth reading about anyway... ;)

msRavenswood

It's a really great book, although it's mostly about the Haunted Mansion with a few notes about Phantom Manor and the differences between the two rides. But I would definitely recommend it to every PM fan because of the gorgeous pictures and detailed information about the Haunted Mansion, which is afterall the ride that started it all!  ;)

RockNRoller

Quote from: Remco K. on October 26, 2015, 04:23:19 PM
which is essentially a re-print of the book I mentioned above but all references to the Eddie Murphy film have been taken out
Which is not worth reading about anyway... ;)
Actually I quiet enjoy the film. As neither my wife or I are big horror fans it's our Halloween viewing + we like to watch it and spot all the elements from the ride. Always see something new every time we watch it.

Remco K.

Quote from: RockNRoller on October 27, 2015, 10:44:00 AM
Actually I quiet enjoy the film. As neither my wife or I are big horror fans it's our Halloween viewing + we like to watch it and spot all the elements from the ride. Always see something new every time we watch it.
What about 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'? :D

RockNRoller

Quote from: Remco K. on October 28, 2015, 08:39:37 AM
Quote from: RockNRoller on October 27, 2015, 10:44:00 AM
What about 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'? :D
Ah now you see the clue is in the title "The Nightmare before CHRISTMAS". It's the film we watch on December 1st to start our Christmas viewing. This year we are going to watch "Frankenwenie" as well as THM