Tips for Older folk

Started by gavinng, May 12, 2015, 06:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavinng

Hi gang! We've been busy planning the logistics for our two 19-month old boys' first visit to DLP, and I realised it'll also be my Dad's first trip to DLP. He's 81 years old. He used to enjoy taking me on the roller coasters at Disney Tokyo (my sis has a fear of coasters thanks to my mum).  He's also the guy that sparked my love for Disney Parks.

He's too old for that now. He can only go on the simulated ones (i.e. Star Tours), and of course all the rides that are alright for young children.

I keep trying to think of something special for him. Visiting DLP means he's visited every Disney park in the world (until Disney Shanghai).

Anything to recommend that an 81 year old might enjoy doing at DLP?

LotsoHugginBear

Maybe a guided tour? So he get's lots of information about the park and maybe some new details.

daddyof2

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on May 12, 2015, 06:03:43 PM
Maybe a guided tour? So he get's lots of information about the park and maybe some new details.

That's a great suggestion - I was going to suggest visiting a nice table service restaurant.

gavinng

Thanks guys. Sounds good. Maybe the one for Tower of Terror. He's not taken the ride, and probably won't, so it would be good if he got to see the behind the scenes.

daddyof2

I think the guided tours are for either park, not just for one ride

LotsoHugginBear

There is a special guided tour only for Tower of Terror but as far as I know is this tour only available in french.
The both other guided tours are for Disneyland PArk and the other for the Studios and are available in several languages.

gavinng

Ok. Thanks. I'll ask him if he wants to do the tours.