Second trip to DLP

Started by Mike-Evans, April 20, 2015, 01:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike-Evans

Hi all, after our sucessfull trip to DLP over Easter, we have booked to go back in November  :)

This time for 5 days / 4 nights and flying from Bristol.

Also we have booked half board standard this time in Hotle Cheyenne, which allows us the all-you-can-eat buffet at the Dinsey hotels (apart from the main Disney hotel).

We are hoping that this time it will be alot quieter, as Easter was very busy.

Question - what are the buffets like in the hotels? As the Santa Fe one where we stayed recently was a Tex-Mex menu.

Thanks.

msRavenswood

At the Cheyenne it's an american style buffet, with BBQ ribs, corn, chicken, meatballs  and lots of other stuff. There is also pizza and pasta for the kids. There's a really large selection of food, including salads and desserts.

With your standard HB vouchers you can go to Plaza Gardens or Agrabah Cafe, they are both buffet restaurants and you won't pay extra money, it's covered by the meal plan. There are also other restaurants that are covered by standard HB.

glenn

We had the buffet at the SL,although I think buffet is overpriced if you are not a big eater
the SL buffet was very good. I don't know if they change the menu every so often but when we were there it had fresh prawns,beef Bourgeon,pies, too much to mention really, but as I said it was very good.

Mrsya

Please do check the dining section of the DLP guide as you can use your meal vouchers in lots of different restaurants around the park and as part payment in all other disney affiliated restaurants. We even used ours in Cafe Mickey as part payment last time!

stifle

Standard half board vouchers are valid in Chuck Wagon Café, La Cantina, The Grange at Billy Bob's, Plaza Gardens, Buzz's Pizza Planet, and Restaurant des Stars for an all you can eat buffet and one soft drink. They are also valid for whatever their current cash value is (I think it's €27 but might be wrong) at all restaurants in the parks and hotels and all Disney-operated restaurants in Disney Village (from memory again this is Annette's, the Steakhouse, and Café Mickey).

They are not valid on their own for "all the Disney hotels except the Disneyland Hotel" – Cape Cod, the Hunter's Grill, and the Parkside Diner need Plus vouchers.