If you only had one hour...

Started by Mrsya, April 17, 2015, 08:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

...at Disneyland Paris, what would you spend it doing?

moonloo

Ooooh best question ever! Mine would be Peter Pan, PoTC then over to Buzz and Autopia, finished off with a trip to Endor on StarTours! I reckon that is doable in an hour...
What about you Mrsya?

Mrsya

All that in an hour!?  :o

Would your hour be on a Tuesday in the middle of January at 8am...?  ;)

I think I'd run for fastpass at big thunder mountain, phantom manor while I waited, back to btm (twice cause obviously we'd use babyswitch in our hour), off to Pirates and down to Buzz if there were no queue. 

daddyof2

Hmm there's a few rides I've not done - so Ratatouille, Crush's Coaster then Tower of Terror. They weren't open (I think) on our first visit to DLP in 2001 then last year we had our little ones with us (and Ratatouille opened the month after)

SVioletS

:) BTM, Buzz, Autopia and watching Dreams!! If I had super legs I would go for Ratatouille, as it was still under construction when we went last year!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

moonloo

Mrsya, you made me giggle! My son has some severe special needs so we rarely have to wait long in queues, we average a 5 to 10 minute on-ride-off time so I reckon we could pull it off, and I chose rides that are close!!!
I agree on the Ratatouille SVioletS - if only it was a little closer it would have made it on my list for sure!!!

AlmostThere...

For me it would be Peter Pan first as it's so magical, then phantom manor and btm as I love the atmosphere of the rides and of frontierland. Then I'd hot foot it to ratatouille which was amazing, and crushes coaster if I had time as I haven't done that yet.

I'm working on no queue times...as we are doomed to school holiday visits in reality we would only ever manage 1or 2 at best.... But reality sucks!
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

Karen

I know its daft but I would honestly go round and round phantom manor, then for the last 10 mins just stand and take in the atmosphere of Frontierland.   ;D ;D ;D

Uragano Tati

With only one hour I will stay sit on a bench in Central Plaza watching the castle and feel the magic of this place.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

HildeKitten

Walk through Discovery Arcade to the Nautilus, go in that and then pop into Emporium and Boardwalk Candy Palace to do some shopping :)

lindavdende

without any waitingtime I would like to do TOT, Crush Coaster, Ratatouille, BTM en Buzz Lightyear

RefusingToGrowUp

Ohh, in just ONE hour? I'd limit myself to one ride, probably Pirates or Pan, if I could grab a fastpass, and then just wander through the castle, and then wait and watch the parade! :D

Barnsleybigbird

Ratatouille and then watch dreams. Perfect way to spend an hour 😃
Who wants a twig when you can climb the whole tree 😉

DisneyManiac

An hour, why not two?

But if it is just one hour, it would be in the morning, a crisp Summer one...

Starting off with a morning stroll down Main Street USA, just before the Park opens when the residents and Cast Members are just waking up, hearing the morning music loop echo down the main thoroughfare and filling the small American town with life, hearing the birds tweeting and the Sun just rising up above the rooftops. Now that's how I want to start any day, or hour, or the time I have.

That would take around 15 minutes, maybe 20 if I take my time.

After I would make my way through Fort Comstock to Thunder Mesa, catch an early morning excavation or two on Big Thunder Mountain and venture into the dilapidated grounds of Ravenswood Manor to experience that awful wedding night all over again.

That would take around 15 minutes if I am quick, 30 minutes left!

After I would trek through the South American tropics to the Spanish Main and join my motley crew in a spot of plunderin' on a Spanish fort.

And finally, to round it all up...

Catch the next Shuttle to Space via the mighty Columbiad Cannon, courtesy of the Baltimore Gun Club. And then I'll pick up myself (or what's left of me afterwards anyway after re-entry!) and take a final stroll down Main Street again to finish it off good an' proper!

DLPWonders (Banned)

If I'd had only an hour, I would take a stroll through Main Street USA and grab a drink at Market House Deli. Then go sit on Central Plaza and just enjoy the atmosphere and magic, while listening to the Main Street USA loop and looking at the castle.

But almost every month I go for a day where I only have 2/3 hours at the park, and basically all I do then is a little bit of shopping, grab a bite to eat, maybe go on Pirates of the Caribbean and just watch the parade.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''