Last minute advice needed

Started by disneymagic006, April 03, 2015, 08:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneymagic006

So our trip is finally nearly here, we travel on Monday and will be in Disneyland paris Tuesday to Saturday. Just wanted to thank everyone for all their advic,  tips, help and support. You guys are really great. I've learned so much from the posts on here, especially things like photopass, early magic hours, fastpass etc.

Just have a few last minute questions that I'm hoping you can help with. I've been to disneyland paris many times but this is the first time with my son who is 1. I'm wondering---

1. Where in your opinion would be a good place to go when he needs a nap in the day/evening and we're in the park?  Hoping he will sleep in the buggy but he's rather interested in the world around him and tends to refuse sleep unless it's quiet!

2. Is there a viewing spot to see Dreams where there is usually a bit of space nearby for my little one and his cousins to play and pass some time.

3. Can someone tell me about what food is served in the buffet restaurants....plaza gardens, restaurant des stars, Agrabah etc. What do they offer for toddlers?

4. Also on the food theme am looking for toddler friendly places to snack.

5. Are little ones allowed to sit on laps on some of the rides, thinking autopia, worried he may want to try and jump out if not on my knee.

Thanks again.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

Rapunzel1

The most quiet place in the whole park is the street between Discoveryland and Fantasyland. Say from Star tours to it's a small world. You hardly see anyone there. It is even a bit darker there so just walk up and down a few times and you child will fall asleep.  :)

Lot's of restaurants are nice for toddlers. Disney is used to children but the Rainforest cafe is also great. Ask for a place near the fish tanks and your toddler will be able to watch the fish and when he gets fussy just walk around the restaurant to see all the animals. He will love it.

HFJohnson

We're off on Monday too. Have you seen the weather forecast - it's looking fab! Fingers crossed it doesn't change at the  last minute.

Most of the buffets offer a similar choice for children, e.g. breaded chicken/fish, plain pasta and sauces, pizza, chips. And of course they can have some of the more adult dishes too. Last time I was at Plaza Gardens I had a nice stew with veg and dauphinoise potatoes that some children might like. The food offered at the Agrabah Cafe is a bit different as it has a more moroccan theme. My two liked the meatballs and couscous and I think there was pasta too.

Sleep-wise there aren't that many quite places in the parks that I can think of (and the path between Discoveryland and Fantasyland isn't always open). If you wanted a sleep-inducing walk I might be tempted to head out of the park for a short while and maybe walk down the road directly ahead of the park gates for a short way - there's not much of interest to look at down there!

Lavi

I've just return from DLP for 5 days. I've been there with an almost three years toddler.

1. I also find that some remote areas in Adventureland and Frontierland are pretty quiet.

2. People are seeing Dreams allowing spaces between them, so you'll have enough space for kids. We watched Dreams three times but the toddler slept on two of the occasion throughout the whole show.

3. Agrabah Cafe is closed for renovation starting last Monday. I see on dlpguide.com that the closure will last for months.
I think there is a big variety of food in the buffet restaurants. Unfortunately our little daughter is extremely fussy eater, so we took our own Baby jars from home (the two varieties she eats when traveling )

4. I also had some dried food baby bars and she ate them while waiting in queues or while she was in the stroller.

5. I was almost never allowed to hold her in the rides, she had to stay besides me. But she's older.

Have a nice vacation!