How will the Euro's (football) affect the parks in 2016?

Started by Oreo, March 27, 2015, 04:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

From memory the last time there was a football tournement in France it was the World Cup in 1998.

Next year the Euro's will be held there. Will it affect Disneyland Paris?

We leave the day of the opening game, and was wondering how much affect the tournement will have on the crowd levels in Disneyland.

ilovemainstxxx

that's a good point , we were at Disney last year when France were playing one of there match's in the world cup...
we were walking from the park to earl for some food and the atmosphere in the village was electric , just as we got to the sports bar France scored and the place erupted it was fantastic....they had it on in sports bar but they had security on and men with clip boards and think you had to have a pass to get in , also think they had it on in king Ludwigs ....but with the euros actually being in France then maybe it would impact the footfall for the parks as people might go while there in France for the football as the stade de France isn't that far away..

HildeKitten

A friend of mine went during a big game period (whether it was the Euro cup or world cup I can't remember) some years ago and he said the parks weren't affected but there were tons of people watching the games in the Village and apparently some of the hotels had arranged viewings also.
So I wouldn't worry too much about it :)