Christmas Present For The Little One

Started by rg1987, October 30, 2015, 06:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg1987

Hi all,

I have a trip planned this Christmas for my little girl and I from the 21st through to the 27th of December. We are currently booked in for the Merry Christmas Lunch as well as Cafe Mickey and Auberge. All in all the trip is basically her Christmas gift from me but I'm currently a little stumped as to what Santa can bring on Christmas morning.

Last year we spent Christmas in Disney also but her Mum and I were still together at the time so on the first evening I went to the park entrance to "get the tickets" / (do the Christmas Day present shopping!) whilst she stayed with her Mum in the hotel pool! This worked brilliantly as she had no idea and had some presents to open from Santa on Christmas morning that we didn't have to take with us in the bulky packaging with the risk of her also possibly seeing them at some point.

This year it is just the two of us however and I'm after any ideas of maybe some kind of experience or similar that Santa could "give" her for her present from him on Christmas morning.

I don't really want to take presents with me as I'll have enough baggage on me with all of our clothes etc as well as an overly excited 6 year old to corrall and obviously buying at the park is out of the question as it'll only be us two.

I'm kind of kicking myself for telling her about the Merry Christmas Lunch as I could have used this but is there anything else anyone thinks she may enjoy or last chance scenario do they do any fancy looking Disney themed gift vouchers for the park?

Many thanks in advance,
Ryan

polar vixen

I think you can generally arrange for stuff to be delivered to your room in tge way of balloons chocolates plushes etc.  Maybe you could email and ask for a list?

A&S&O

The hotels carry a range of gifts in their shops - maybe you can get her distracted while you buy something there?

We like to buy people ornaments for their Christmas trees, but not sure if they will sell those in the hotels.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

rebecca20

Depending where your staying you can definitely get presents delivered to your room - I don't know if there's a kids club anywhere (there used to be when I was little but not sure now) but thats worth a google.

I don't know if it would work but if you asked a CM in the hotel shop to go pick up the doll or something and sneak it into a carrier bag. This would obviously mean distracting your daughter.

Also I don't know how little she is but could you not leave her in your room? I know thats a bit risky but my mum used to always leave me (she was a single parent too) while she went out.

The only other thing I can think it maybe to give her money in a Disney card and then she can buy something on the day.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

rg1987

Thanks for all the suggestions. We are staying in the Sequoia Lodge if anyone knows whether the present delivery service is available there?

I wouldn't contemplate leaving her in the room. I just wouldn't be anywhere near comfortable enough doing this with her being only 6 and I know the chances of anything happening are extremely slim but however slim it is it's not one I'd want to take.

She's so inquisitive and nosey that is the trouble!

rebecca20

If you email guest relations they will be able to place something in the room - not sure what it is for Sequoia Lodge. It's pricey and I've only ever done it for plushes.

6 is probably too young unless your room is very near the shop - we were literally 30 seconds away so it was super easy to slip out while the kiddos were asleep (they were also confined to cots and we had FaceTime set up on our phone so we could see them).

Also there is this quote from the Disneyland website
'Babysitting Services at Disney Hotels - Guests of Disney Hotels can take advantage of our babysitting service. Please inquire at the reception desk. Nappies and baby food are available in the Disney Hotel shops' worth a shot especially for the small amount of time you would need to leave her!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

grovesie

As said before, Try to smuggle something into any gift shopping you do before, I am sure that all onsite stores deliver to every Disney Hotel.

What about ordering small plushes from Disney web site and taking these with you, or Disney clothing( These can take the place of other clothes to be worn)

Good luck

carrydee44

Hi

as a single parent too,when you go to the shop explain to the assistant what you are trying to do am sure they will pack something and send up to your room from hotel shop With out little eyes seeing.  Hope you have a ball were going to for the 23rd to 27th but my days of santa shopping are over with a teenager in tow now.

:o
Hotel Ny 1998
Newport bay Jan 2006
Santa fe    oct 2006
Disneyland hotel jan 2008
Newport Bay oct 2008
Cheyenne Jan 2009
Cheyenne Sept 2009
Newport Bay November 2010
New York Oct 2011
Cheyenne November 2012
New York Oct 2013
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Jan 2015
Kyriad October 2015
Hi Park Serris December 2015
Sejours Et Affaires Rive Gauche Dec 2016

rg1987

Sorry for the late reply everyone, it has been a bit of a crazy week or so as it looks like I'm now going to be moving house before Christmas which isn't ideal but my landlord is selling up so haven't been left with much choice!

Thanks for all your suggestions, I'm sure I'll be able to make something work somehow with a few ideas to go at now. I can't wait to get out there, only 43 days to go and we'll be stood in St. Pancras waiting for our train!!

grovesie

We are there when you go... If you need any help, there are 7 of us( inc a 9 year old boy) who can provide a quick distraction if you need help

Slimy yet satisfying

Disney store online sells lots of official park merchandise. Best bet buy before you travel and pack it to take with you.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.