Flying with Air France

Started by sarahmumof4, March 17, 2015, 11:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahmumof4

We've booked tickets to fly with air france in December .

A friend at school is going in May and had an email this morning at 3 am to say their flights have been cancelled . She said it's the second time  air france have done this .
They were traveling from southampton , same as I am , but they managed to get flights from Heathrow this monrning so they are still going .

Anyway , my question is does this happen a lot ?
I'm really worried now :(
Have done Eurostar twice and drove last year so thought we'd fly this time .

Thanks x
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Lucyloo

I really hope not - we're due to fly with them from Manchester on Monday!

stormflm595

I've personally never had a problem with them. You gotta remember that Air France is not the only airliner who may at times cancel flights. All airliners do it from time to time, try not to worry =)

Lucyloo i'm also flying with them on Monday! ;D
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Lucyloo

Ooh, have a lovely trip stormflm595.

sarahmumof4

Yeah I guess it could happen with other air lines .

I think I'm worrying because I don't know we'd get there if they cancel .

If it was this time of year I'd drive again but wouldn't in December .
Eurostar will be expensive as the seats will have been out for ages .

But then again I could worry for no reason so need to put it out of mind ! X

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

stecal

Hi on the eurostar you could change at lille i saved £400 by changing there and it is really easy it cost me £320 for 2 adults and 2 kids return

sarahmumof4

Yeah I guess that could be an option .
Not sure I fancy doing that alone with 4 kids plus my eldests friend but it's something to consider worse case scenario and the flights are cancelled .
Thank you x

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

stecal

Yeah with 4 kids it might be difficult i was on my own with 3 kids although the eldest was classified as an adult but we only had 3 cases between us and i carried 2 on/off and usually another nice adult would help my eldest with hers  before i had time to go back and get it

twentythingamabobs

Hi Sarah, we fly with them 4 times a year (at least) and have never had a flight cancelled, amended or even late so try not to worry! x

stifle

It can happen unfortunately – especially being France there's a chance of a strike. But it's rare.

KevCollins

I was informed 16 hours before I was due to travel with Air France that they had cancelled my flight! 16 Hours......

Doesn't leave much time to make alternative arrangements. Myself, my wife and my girls (aged 3 and 2) where due to fly from Manchester at 8am in the morning. Instead, I had to pay £300 for a taxi to take us to London City Airport for 6am (only alternative flight found by travel agent) so didnt have time to sleep, what a nightmare!

I am going again in August this year, this time flying with Easyjet
Sept 2013 sequoia lodge
Aug 2014 sequoia lodge
6th August 2015 HNY
30th Dec 17 - 02nd Jan 18 ???

stifle

Quote from: KevCollins on March 19, 2015, 12:16:36 AM
I was informed 16 hours before I was due to travel with Air France that they had cancelled my flight! 16 Hours......

Doesn't leave much time to make alternative arrangements. Myself, my wife and my girls (aged 3 and 2) where due to fly from Manchester at 8am in the morning. Instead, I had to pay £300 for a taxi to take us to London City Airport for 6am (only alternative flight found by travel agent) so didnt have time to sleep, what a nightmare!

I am going again in August this year, this time flying with Easyjet

Don't forget that in this event (flight cancelled at short notice) you're usually entitled to compensation of €250 per person under EU law.

Lucyloo

Hi all. Flying out monday and just wondered whether online checkin was necessary to guarantee 3 seats together? Dont mind doin it but can't print out boarding pass.  Will be at airport an hour and a half before flight due to taxi available.  Is this enough time to use check in desks?
thanks

girlinleeds

you can check in online and print boarding cards out at the airport (thats what we did). Unfortunately for us although we checked in 30 hours before we ended up sat separatly, didnt find out till my husband tried to board the plane to find out they had changed his seat, still waiting for an explanation from air france about what happened and this was in february.