best metro rer ticket to visit Paris

Started by andrewuk, March 10, 2015, 10:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

Hi

On our next trip we want to go into Paris for a day and go to a few places in zone 1.

What is the best ticket to buy? I have been thinking about the Paris visite but surely there's a better option as I don't need the freedom of all five zones. I just need to get to the centre see a few places and get back to dlp
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

HildeKitten

I don't have the link, but if you do a google on the métro/RER for Paris you should be able to find the link to a site that not only does routes but also calculates prices.
I used it back in 2012, so quite a while ago, but I found it very helpful. It was accurate too because I remember paying what the site had said it would cost.

caspdex

Adults need a Mobilis ticket, children a Carte Visite. One way from Chessy to Central Paris is €7.60 so it is cheaper to buy 5 zones ticket .

stifle

Paris Visite (€23.50) is marketed heavily at tourists and not accepted at the airports, but for adults Mobilis is cheaper at €16.60. As mentioned above a ticket just to Central Paris and back would be €19.20 so Mobilis is really a no-brainer.

Remember that you need to write the date and your name on the front of the ticket with a ball-point pen before use.

andrewuk

Great  help guys, thanks very much.  Mobilis 1-5 it is! :D

I'll try to buy the tickets at St Pancras, should save any bother and give us something to do after checking in.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

stifle

St. Pancras only sells Paris Visite and possibly carnets of Metro tickets. You'll need to buy it at MLV station. Don't worry, the staff speak English.

caspdex

We used the machine and chose our language as English.