Pizza Planet

Started by moonloo, March 08, 2015, 12:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonloo

Hi there, I know it is not to everyones tastes but I was wondering if there is a way to see if Pizza Planet is open during our stay. We have been several times before, but it has always been closed.
I know the reviews arent great, but my son is desperate to go in there!
Thank you.

stecal

Not sure when you are going but i used this site for opening times http://disneykindofday.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/discoveryland-restaurant-opening-hours.html by the way i really enjoyed pizza planet and the kids liked have a play area to play in whilst i had a much needed sit down  :)

moonloo

Thank you very much, looks like we will be in luck! That can be sonething for the boys while the girls are in the Auberge!

stecal

Im sure he will love it don't worry about the reviews the food was ok nothing special but good enough with eat as much as you want pizza,pasta salad and drinks, i preferred the pizza there over the one my daughter got at cafe mickey which was really greasy

sarahmumof4

We went last feb and my kids enjoyed it .
Younger ones likes the soft play and my eldest enjoyed the puddings !!!

I actually thought the food was good . It was nice to have a range of pizzas and pasta so all 4 of mine had something they liked:)
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Coldupnorth

We went there on Friday, my daughter loved it.

Not much choice in food but what is there is tasty enough so fill your boots!

Mrsya

My two love it in there, so in turn me and my hubby do too. Happy kids = chilled mummy and daddy!  :D

Lucyloo

We'll certainly be going there on our trip in a few weeks.  We're not fussed on fancy foods anyway and a buffet will always go down well with us.  Main reason for going is 3.5yr old son is mad on anything Toy story and would never forgive us if we didn't try it!
Can anyone elaborate on what the play area is like?  Is it soft play like in this country (wacky warehouse for example)?

Cheers +

lovindisney87

My girls and hubby and I love eating in pizza planet, its a little hit and miss when its open I think. The food is good and for an all you can eat pizza, pasta, puddings and soft drinks I think it goes down a treat and you always get your moneys worth. The play area isn't massive its andys bed with steps up and down, a little slinky slide cant really recall much else as was over a year ago I went so hopefully someone who's just been can let ya know more. I do remember the big rc racer car that's in the entrance and robot holding pizza slices on sticks.
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

NCC1701Q

Hi Lucyloo,

you can see some pictures here: http://www.dlp.info/Disneyland-Parc/Lands/Discoveryland/Attractions/Pizza-Planet-Playground.asp
We "discovered" this restaurant last Christmas and loved it. The food is comparable to the menu at Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost or Bella Notte (only difference is you get a whole pizza there and slices in Pizza Planet). There is fruit, desserts, and free drinks. Our kids (nine and three) like that they can eat a bit of everything (instead of ordering pizza and then telling us they want pasta) and the playground is good for some much-needed energy-draining  :D

disneymagic006

Thank you so much for the link to these pictures. We have never been to this restaurant before but it's now top of my list for when we go in just over 3weeks time!
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

stormflm595

Just crashing this thread...I had pizza at King Ludwig's in September and really disliked it, I couldn't even at half of it. Is the pizza at PP the same?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

NCC1701Q

Hi stormflm95,

can't help you with that question I'm afraid - never been to Kind Ludwig's. But if you don't like the pizza you could always eat the pasta, fruitsalad, apples, petit pains, or desserts  :D

stecal

I thought the pizza was nice better than the one in cafe mickey but to be honest i could of just eaten the desserts and i would of been happy  ;D

moonloo

Thank you for all of the replies, I am now trying to shoe horn a visit for us all one lunch time!!!!  ;D