HNY Empire State Club

Started by DisneyDreamer, March 08, 2015, 04:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyDreamer

Has anyone stayed at the Empire State Club?

What's it like? Is it worth the extra money?

I'd be really interested to find out about people's experiences and opinions. .....
August 1995 (2 days)- Off Site
August 2000 (2 days)- Off Site
May/June 2010 (5 days) - Hotel Cheyenne
May/June 2011(6 days) - Hotel New York
May 2014 (5 days) - Hotel Disneyland
December 2015 (5 days) - Hotel New York Empire State Club

MattR

Excuse my bad English I am not a native speaker.

I´ve stayed at the Empire State Club in the past, I have also stayed in the regular part of the HNY.

From my point of view it only worth the extra money if you go through high seasons on the weekends when you can really take adavantge of the VIP fastpass. Breakfast on the same floor is nice but you have to go downstairs anyway. The idea of coming back to have a free drink is also nice but I never go back throughout the day (might be different when you have small kids??).

I would rather spend the extra money to have a regular room in the Disneyland Hotel directly located at the park entrance to actually come back for half an hour to have a small break.

never2old

Quote from: MattR on March 09, 2015, 11:50:03 AM
Excuse my bad English I am not a native speaker.

I´ve stayed at the Empire State Club in the past, I have also stayed in the regular part of the HNY.

From my point of view it only worth the extra money if you go through high seasons on the weekends when you can really take adavantge of the VIP fastpass. Breakfast on the same floor is nice but you have to go downstairs anyway. The idea of coming back to have a free drink is also nice but I never go back throughout the day (might be different when you have small kids??).

I would rather spend the extra money to have a regular room in the Disneyland Hotel directly located at the park entrance to actually come back for half an hour to have a small break.

I totally agree

We've stayed a few times in a standard room, and once we tried the Empire State Club. It was nice to have the VIP fastpasses, but if the park is not too busy on most rides you can do without (although rides like Ratatouille and BTM are always busy, VIP fastpass is always good for them!).

When we stayed there we had the characters for breakfast, which for us and our little girl (she was 2 at the time) was brilliant, she got a hug from Mickey Mouse every morning. But now the characters are no longer there....

If we go again I think I would rather stay in a standard room (which are wonderful anyway), and use the extra cash for a special meal or more treats.....