Help deciding on restaurants - shirtlist

Started by Lucyloo, March 02, 2015, 03:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Hi All,

Coming to Disney end of March - 2 adults & 3 1/2 yr old.  On a budget and not bothered about fancy food or waiter service.  Shortlisted the following places based on cost & reviews, but will only need to eat at 3 of them for evening meals.  For lunch we plan on Earl of sandwich & McDonalds.  So, my question is, out of the below, which 3 would you recommend we go for?

Colonel Hathi
cowboy cookout
Caseys corner
Buzz's pizza planet
Lucky nugget saloon
café des casadeurs
Annettes Diner
Hunters Grill

Many Thanks +

macca1476

We always go to Hakuna Matata at least once. The chips are really good and the kids love it :)
http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/restaurant-hakuna-matata/

So add that in and i'd go to Annettes, Cowboy Cookout and Hakuna Matata (and indeed next month when we go we will) :)

twentythingamabobs

I second the nomination for Hakuna Matata  :) Delicious! I'd also say Cowboy Cookout for the ribs and its normally quite quiet there. Colonel Hathis as the pizza and pasta there is yummy. And the chidren's size pizza is in a Mickey shape!

Lucyloo

Oooh I'd forgotten about Hakuna Matata.  It was on my list months ago and for some reason has gone.  The sald looks nice and my son will love the theming.  Another quick question - In places like this what are the portion sizes like?  If the example there are a lot of chicken strips I could probably share with my little boy as he doesn't eat much.  Obviously in a buffet we'd go separate.

Cheers +

twentythingamabobs

Portion sizes are OK, you get lovely chips or rice with your meal too at Hakuna Matata. I think you get about 4 actual chicken strips.

Queen Elsa

Cannot speak for the others but we ate at Annette's twice as it was so nice! You get loads too

sarahmumof4

We ate in Annettes twice last year , food was yummy :)

My kids loved pizza planet . It was buffet food and something for everyone .
Would definitely eat there again x
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

HildeKitten

Personally I would take both Buzz Lightyear and Colonel Hathi off the list.
I've eaten at both and the food was really not good at all. Of course, I may just have been there on a bad day and others may very well disagree with me.
I would personally avoid Casey's Corner like the proverbial plague.
Every single time I've eaten there they've been issues: three people that knew what they wanted in front of me, a 45 minute wait (and I've known it to be a wait of an hour and half too once). Every single time they mucked up something with the order. And the hot dogs are frankly rubbish. If you like hot dogs, there are alternatives that are much better :)

Hakuna Matata is great if you want something different! And both Annette's and Cowboy Cookout are really good, as is the Lucky Nugget :)
Last Chance is also really good, but not open very often (and not on your list).

ilovedisneylandparis

I agree with Hilde that Hakuna Matata is really good - the spicy chicken and fries are lovely and they play music from The Lion King on a loop which is fun :)

Disney Matt

Definitely Annette's, to me Caseys Corner was more snacks like hot dogs rather than an evening meal.
Colonel Hathi is good too.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

stifle

Café des Cascadeurs is shut half the time. Casey's Corner is no good for dinner. Wouldn't bother with Hunter's Grill. And Lucky Nugget is normally really slow and busy.

Annette's is one you should definitely plan to attend. It's a really nice place (although a bit loud).

Don't go to both Colonel Hathi and Buzz's Pizza Planet; the food is broadly similar. Pick Buzz if you're hungry, the Colonel if not.

Finally, consider the Agrabah Café.

Disneyprincesswannab

Joyce_Disney

I would say:
-Annette's
-Hakuna Matata
-Colonel Hathi

That way you have different meals every day. :)
13-15 November 2016 Christmas time in Disneyland Paris

Lucyloo

Thanks for your help everyone.

Think we've decided on the following

For Lunch  x 4

Earl of Sandwich
McDonalds
Cowboy Cookout (strangely only open until 5pm Tues & Wed so will have to be lunch)
Buzz's Pizza Planet (Only because our son is bent on toy story & would never forgive us if we didn't take him!)

For Evening x 3

Colonel Hathi's
Hakuna Matata
Annette's Diner

The first evening we're there, we're doing Buffallo Bill's show so food is sorted for that.

Cheers +

stecal

We really enjoyed pizza planet and it was good as my kids could play in the play area whilst i sat down for a bit, annette's was great but i couldn't eat much of it as we went to a all you can eat buffet for lunch that day and i was still full up at 8pm when we managed to get a table at annette's and the portions in there are huge and the smoothies are delicious  :P