Disney disappointment

Started by rocker, February 26, 2015, 02:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: polar vixen on March 01, 2015, 12:18:06 PM
And some people go on holiday,  think it was brilliant,  decide to go again,  and join a forum to share their feelings and get excited for their next Hill. Not everyone has the inclination or the time to do research before they go. I remember the tagine to magic forum being the friendliest Disney community. Alot of the posts lately areanything but friendly,  just many seeming to point out how ridiculous they think other people are,  and those comments don't achieve anything good,  opinions are different,  and that's fine but it's not nice when theyre put across in a way which demeans others guests views

I agree  :) I first went when I was 12 and only joined this site a couple of years ago, and even though I no my way round Disney and most things. It's nice to have the opportunity to chat to fellow Disney lovers. Shame there's been a lot negative comments lately on this forum.
I have now visited at least 30 occasions but there's always new things to learn or other tips to discover

Mrsya

:( Aww, reading some of the replies to this post has made me sad... I've only been away for a couple of weeks. Where has our happy, supportive forum gone?

Disney Matt

I have removed my comment if anyone was offended by it.
Alot of the things said in this thread I wouldn't have thought of myself (i.e. joining after going)
So I do apologize if I offended anyone.
I love this forum & how friendly it is...will think before typing the next time :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

TappyFish

To the OP I would say it seems that you were unfortunate to get sick when you did. I have nothing but sympathy for you and your daughter. It sucks getting sick at the best if times, but to do so with a holiday coming up - and a Disney holiday at that - it can be horrible.

I would have to agree with the general consensus on here I'm afraid. You booked a deal that is no longer available. From DLRP's point of view, they have met their side of what you purchased and you are the one who is "defaulting" on it. Of course, this still doesn't help you with what to do. Like has been suggested, you could try to talk to someone different, explain the situation and see what else, if anything can be done.

To expand on what "buzzkaye" said, when I was younger, my mum paid for my brother, her and I to stay in the Castle Club of the Disneyland Hotel. It was our third time staying in the hotel and first time in Castle Club. Our room, as it turned out, was above a kitchen or galley. We didn't discover this till we went to bed and for hours, all we could hear was what sounded like plates being shifted around. Mum complained to the desk the following morning and we were upgraded to Walt's Apartment as a way of apologising. Considering all we wanted was to be moved to a different room, it goes to show that sometimes the staff are more then understanding of your situation and very helpful!

So yes, talk to someone different, explain your situation and see if they can provide you with some sort of reconciliation. If they are unable to do so, remember it's not anyone's fault that you were ill and chalk it up to bad luck.

Best of luck with getting something sorted! :)

~TappyFish~

daddyof2

Let's be honest, most of us here are British I think, and we don't complain unless it REALLY matters. I can sleep through a bomb but my children are a different matter so I would complain if there was excessive noise too. I think that some people like to complain about everything, and some of those (and I honestly don't aim this at anyone on here) will complain JUST to get a freebie. I keep hoping that I will be on the wrong end of a booking error which means I get an upgrade to Walts Apartment or something. I can't remember who it was on another thread got a call to say the HNY had been overbooked and was being put in the DLH instead.

TappyFish

I agree with you there. The hotel where I work operate a scheme where we will refund you your stay if you are unhappy with it at the end - almost no questions asked. Some of the excuses I hear on a daily basis from people just to get a free room! Considering that some of them have rooms that they got via deals for as little as £25, people will, as you say, complain just to get a freebie.

daddyof2

Quote from: TappyFish on March 05, 2015, 05:04:05 PM
I agree with you there. The hotel where I work operate a scheme where we will refund you your stay if you are unhappy with it at the end - almost no questions asked. Some of the excuses I hear on a daily basis from people just to get a free room! Considering that some of them have rooms that they got via deals for as little as £25, people will, as you say, complain just to get a freebie.

If it's one of a chain I'm thinking of, I've used them many times in different locations and only had to complain once

stormflm595

At least this forum is friendlier than The DIBB?! ;)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

TappyFish

Quote from: daddyof2 on March 05, 2015, 11:01:26 PM
If it's one of a chain I'm thinking of, I've used them many times in different locations and only had to complain once

It's a very popular British hotel chain so could well be ;)

Quote from: stormflm595 on March 06, 2015, 12:08:07 PM
At least this forum is friendlier than The DIBB?! ;)

Never used that forum myself, but my mum used to be a regular. As I understand it, she stopped using it due to the pettiness of a few individuals. It's a shame that a few people can spoil a good thing. From the advice I've received via the magicforum thus far, I feel that this is a very friendly place to be.

stormflm595

Quote from: TappyFish on March 06, 2015, 05:34:56 PM
Never used that forum myself, but my mum used to be a regular. As I understand it, she stopped using it due to the pettiness of a few individuals. It's a shame that a few people can spoil a good thing. From the advice I've received via the magicforum thus far, I feel that this is a very friendly place to be.

I definitely agree TappyFish! DIBB was the first forum I joined and I found a lot of my questions etc were either completely ignored or I was given answers in a way that I felt like a liability for even asking in the first place. Found MagicForum a few months after and the atmosphere is so much more friendlier :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

rocker

Well...

I emailed the address msRavenswood gave me this afternoon so we'll see what reply I may get.  Travel insurance agreed to cover the new booking so that's good.  As things stand, after the policy excess & the cost of the GP's letter I'm £65 down, plus of course as I originally mentioned I'm not getting lunch on the new deal.

Come on Disney, let's see some Disney discretion towards my predicament & give me my half board back!   ;)

rocker

After hearing nothing for 6 days & emailed again & got a polite, but also very firm reply stating

"We have already made an exception by amending your booking instead of cancelling with 100% fees, therefore we regret we cannot propose any further compensation."

& giving me a price to upgrade to half board.

Ah well, it was worth a try.  Think I now have to accept we're going B&B.   :'(
Still, the weather will be better in April  ???

HildeKitten

At least they compromised a little bit, I suppose.
But yes, it was definitely worth a try :)

And I suppose you could always pack foods to have lunch in your hotel room to cut down on the costs a bit :)
You know, prewrapped foods that don't need to be refrigerated, things like that.