Sequioa lodge golden forest help!!

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, February 08, 2015, 08:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Ok, so we've booked Eurostar tickets 7-11 october yay! Now trying to decide on hotel, we was going to try NBC but its still under refurb so I'm told and brochure says it has no shop? So then it's between HNY or SLH, my mum and dad like a hot breakfast so new yorks more appealing although we've stayed here a lot over last few years and my son really seems to want to go sequioa! He studies the brochure and that hotel he loves looking at lol

So my questions to you are, does golden forest rooms have hot breakfast? What floor are the rooms on? (my son needs a lift as he's in wheelchair) and in your experience is it worth the extra atm it's around the same price for the new York standard rooms so is do-able  ;)

Please let me know your experiences, thoughts and suggestions Thankyou! My fellow Disney lovers  :)

Disney Matt

The Golden Forest rooms have a seperate room where hot breakfast is given along with the standard continental. Also un the afternoons you get free snacks & beverages in the Golden Forest lounge (between certain times). 

Its the higher floors which are the Golden Forest rooms aswell, there are lifts but 1 of the 3 was always broken when i was there in mid december.   
Obviously this applies to Golden Forest rooms & not standard.

Hope this helps :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Wedmad

We were there October last year, golden forest for the first time, and we've just rebooked because it was great.  We've stopped at Santa  fe, Cheyenne and sequoia, but not golden forest until last year.

Breakfast - brilliant, your own lounge as golden forest guests, so not in the normal scrum for breakfast.  Now hot breakfasts, we had characters which I understand have been removed, but a hot breakfast on a cold morning will be good.

Drinks lounge - for that cup of tea/ coffee break any time of the day, or soft drinks for little ones.

Fast pass each day for every guest

Emh - as standard.

If like us you don't use the room much, a non lake view is still good,

We were there the week before our half term, which did clash with the French half term, weather was unseasonably hot, but brilliant.

Please take advantage of the sending shopping back to your hotel, it helps keep your hands free not carrying bags around.

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou both for the helpful advice  :)
It sounds really nice! I love the sequioa, but I love them all. Just have to consider if being so high would be ok obviously it would be a nightmare if lifts broke as I'd have to switch rooms as I wouldn't be able to carry my son up and down stairs everyday, he's a heavy boy now.

It'll definatley be the sequioa or HNY I would love to try GF as it sounds amazing especially not the scrum at breakfast!

I've also never tried the shopping service so that's something to consider.

Wedmad

Hi pixie,
Good news on the lifts there are six to choose from, 3 each end so plenty of opportunity for a lift,

Shopping experience is brilliant, shop before 3 pm and it will be back at the hotel shop after 7-8 I can't quite remember and if you shop afte that time, just pick up the next evening, good for day 2 or 3 after you've been to some of the shops.

Breakfast is much more civilised, we've done Santa fe before and only I went for breakfast, hubby couldn't be bothered for a bread roll, the choice is more and now with hot breakfast that will be interesting.

I saw the golden forest as a very special opportunity, I will now save more money each time just to book those rooms.

But I am a little biased, I got engaged infront of the castle, my honeymoon was DLRP and 2 years ago I came back to find out I was already 6 weeks pregnant, our little one had his first trip last October and we are booked for May!  Dlrp is special to us.

Sonyak3

We went with golden forest in November and it had the hot breakfast aswell as your own lounge to use all day which was always quite even at breakfast,no set breakfast times.u hav unlimited hot and cold drinks for the day which we definitely got value from as we used take them for d park the following day so never had to buy a drink..the afternoon tea was great also from 4-6..the fast pass was excellent too 1 per person...there is 6 lifts 3 at either side and we found the ones on the left were always quieter even thou the right ones were closer to the room.

Antwire

We did the golden forest in October, there definitely wasn't a hot breakfast then (this may have changed)

It was great though as we could saunter down for breakfast when we wanted and be out again less than 30mins later (no queue or scrum like there was at the main breakfast hall) the free drinks were a god send and saved us a fortune (we never bought a drink in the park, we just took them from the club room twice a day and put them in the in room fridge ready to take to the parks the next day)

You also get a private check in which is great when your arrive in a coach full of people and you avoid the queue.

The other main benefit is the extra fast passes.

I would never go back in a non golden forest room.

captain rocket

You should,nt let concern over the lift cloud your judgement, I have never heard of all the lifts in a hotel being unusable except maybe due to a power outage. Also, remember that you have specific needs with your soon and Disney would most definitley help you get to your room with your child using the service elevators if necessary. (Don't worry they are in a better state than the service elevators in the Hollywood Tower Hotel!)