Some questions regarding my very first visit~! ^o^

Started by AliceJustbelieve, April 03, 2015, 01:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AliceJustbelieve

Hi! I'm new to this forum so I'm not used to asking questions yet, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway:)

In three weeks (and two days!) I will have my very first visit to DLP! I'm very excited, but I'm not sure which choices to make.
I have been searching the internet and still I'm not quite sure about a few things, so I really hope someone can help me out by giving their opinions/sharing their experience^^

I've read a lot of awesome stuff about the Disney Hotels and of course the EMH, but compared to other hotels they are rather expensive. We don't have too much to spend and I was wondering, is a Disney Hotel really worth the extra money or is it better to spend it on for example a dining experience?  I'm not planning on buying excessively much merchandise too.. though that might change when I walk into the shopsxD

Also, I'm kind of uncertain of what to wear. I was thinking of wearing a summerdress/skirt with leggings and a cardigan or jacket in case it gets cold, but I thought that might not be the most convenient for the rides?
And use a fanny pack for small things I need. I don't really want to bring a bigger bag because I don't trust leaving it behind when getting on rides. What would be the best?

I think we're getting a package with two nights + two parkhopper tickets, so that means we can visit the park two days right? Mum said we're going to spend the second full day and the third in the parks and use the first day only for checking in, but I've read in other posts that people go to the parks straight away the first day? What is most convenient in your opinion?

Last question. We're traveling from the Netherlands, and we have three options: car, train and touring car.
Touring car is the cheapest version, but I personally am not a huge fan, plus you're hooked up on departing times so you can't really afford to get delayed.
Train is rather expensive, but I think it's the most relaxed and comfortable way of traveling.
Traveling by car will require parking space and I'm not sure if mum still feels like driving all the way home after spending three days with a totally excited mexD
Do you have any experience with traveling a longer distance? Which option would you prefer?

Okay, that's a lot of textxD Thank you very much for reading until the end!
I'm really looking forward to reading the replies~! :D

April 2015 ~ Hotel Cheyenne <3

norhel

Staying onsite gives you EMH, and more proximity to the parks, in addition that you get more Disney feel.
And staying onsite meens that you can walk to and from the parks. Or use the bus if you want. With offsite hotels you have to use some sort of transportation.

Regarding clothing,  I can't see any problems with what you're planning to wear.
And for your tickets, my bet is that it is two parks, three days. Meaning you probably can visit both parks each day for three days.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

AliceJustbelieve

Thank you norhel^^
I feel much more confident now:)
I'll discuss it with mum as soon as she comes home and start planning right away!

BlackPearl

Hi, AliceJustbelieve
like norhel said it is really great to be able to walk to the parks and use EMH.
Why not check the two low-priced hotels Santa Fe (newly refurbished) and Cheyenne, which are both lovely themed.
You will have a free car park at the hotels, so no worries about that.

I can't see any problem with the cloths you choose, too  :D and a friend of mine always uses a fanny pack.
I take a small backpack or a shoulder bag most of the time without problems. You can take them on nearly every ride. I think it's only on Toy Soldier's Parachute Drop, where you place bulkier bags in storage spaces at the attraction.

We always go in the park from first to last day. Checking-in is really easy and if the room is not ready, just leave your luggage at the hotel and start visiting the parks.

We're always driving to Disneyland by car, starting from Germany near Saarbruecken; it takes about 4 hours (with rests) I guess it's not much farther from the Netherlands (peage about 40 EUR total).

Have a wonderful trip.
(I think we are there around the same time, staying from 26. - 29.April  ;D)

AliceJustbelieve

Thanks BlackPearl!
Great information! So I get to spend a day more at the parks~ :3
I looked up some more about Cheyenne, it really looks like a great hotel!
And if the parking is free, that's another perk^^
I hope you will have a great trip too :D

BlackPearl

You're welcome.
Just forgot to mention - have a look under www.dlpguide.com. (just use the link on top of the forum here)

AlmostThere...

Hi if you are driving anyway and want to do things on a budget check out davy crockett, it's a five minute drive from the parks ( you get free parking by your cabin and on the parks each day) plays you can make packed lunches and/or do dinner at the cabin to save money. The swimming pool there is great too x
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

Mrsya

I can recommend Davy Crockett too if you're driving. Free parking at the parks too, plus the perk of emh and the convenience of bedrooms, living room and kitchenette.

Your clothing choices sound perfect but don't forget a waterproof jacket with hood as showers are always likely and spare trainers or very comfy walking shoes as you'll do far more walking than you can imagine and soggy shoes and/or blisters are a nightmare!

We arrive at tea time and always go into the park on our first night. Why waste precious magic minutes? Use your first night to stroll around and get your bearings, have a relaxed meal and soak up that disney holiday atmosphere. It really is the happiest place on earth! Enjoy!

AliceJustbelieve

Thanks very much for your help everyone!
We've finally decided to book our trip today~!
It's become traveling by train and a 3-day stay at the Cheyenne hotel :D
Also we decided to go to Buffalo Bill's!

In two weeks I'll be on my way!

Rapunzel1

We are also going to Disneyland from the Netherlands. Only we have to wait 3,5 weeks. The train is great. Just remember that there is no direct train from Paris Nord. You have to take the metro first and then switch to the train to Disneyland.

vampira

As to the hotel question: I have stayed at the Disney Hotels (Cheyenne twice and Santa Fe once) and I love them. They are a little more expensive, but it's really nice to be able to walk to and from the park (or, if the weather is bad or you don't feel like walking, you can use the free shuttle  ;)). EMH are great too, to explore the parks, try out some of the popular attractions and also for meeting characters.  ;)

I'd say, don't worry about your clothing, wear what you think is comfortable. I like wearing skirts/dresses, but I would never wear them to a theme park. But that's just my opinion, if you think it's comfortable, go for it.  ;)

I live in the Netherlands too, and we always go by car. We think it's the easiest. We stop during the trip if we feel like it, to take a little rest.  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

AliceJustbelieve

thanks Rapunzel1 and vampira!
We've been told we have to take the train to Brussel-midi and then take the train directly to Marne la Valee.
From there we walk to the park^^
I'm so glad we'll be able to use EMH and walk to the parks!

vampira

Sounds great, I've always wanted to use the train. Too bad it's a little expensive.
Hope you'll have a wonderful time, but I'm sure you will!  :D
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

lindavdende

Im also from the netherlands and we always go by car. A lot cheaper then train. Also we book a hotel seperate from teh tickets, cause we always want an extra night after the last day in the park. So you drive back well rested.
Im looking up info now to go in september again (third year in a row) and hotel is only 175 euro for 2 persons/2 nights, with breakfast and 2 days hopper tickets for both of us for 240 euro. So a total of 415 euro. Cheapest with tickets in santa fe is over 600 euro's. We stay at one of the hotels on the disney grounds, which have a free shuttle to the hotel. Walking back is great, but you will be very tired and santa fe and cheyenne are about 15 mins walk.
Hope you have a lot of fun!!