Top tips going in 5 sleeps!!

Started by Ruffy2015, February 16, 2015, 12:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruffy2015

Hi

We are going to Disneyland Paris in 5 sleeps with our 5 year old. My husband and I went when we were 17 but that was a long time ago and our priorities have changed!!

Can you take food/drink into the parks?
We are staying just outside of the park in one of the hotels that has the free shuttle - can you book reservations for food from here?
How much on average do people spend per day?
How good is the studios for our little one?
Do you have to pay to meet the characters?
How often do the shuttle buses run to the hotel and back again?

Thank you in advance for your help

captain rocket

Yes you can take food into the parks
You can book restaurants before you travel or at City Hall in Disneyland park or at the actual restaurant.
Impossible to estimate how much you will spend in a day as I have no idea what you may want to buy!
The Studios are very good for your five year old. Several rides like Cars and Magic Carpets are suitable and the shows are really good, especially Stitch Live and Disney Junior. I have a feeling Animagigue may be closed, but if not that is brilliant. I forgot ratatouille with the rides and Slinky Dog in Toy Story Playland.
You do not pay to meet the characters unless you go to a character meal.
Shuttles to the partner hotels (Explorers,Dream Castle,Magic Circus and Kyriad are every twenty minutes during peak times and every 30 minutes otherwise.
Have a fabulous trip.

twentythingamabobs

Hi Ruffy,

Yes, you can take food and drinks into the parks, your bags will be searched when you go through security but don't panic this is only to check for any dangerous items. I think the official request is that you eat any food you have brought with you out in the Gardens but we have never had any problems sitting eating a sandwich on Main St :)
WDS is good for little ones, there are a few rides (especially Ratatouille) a 5 year old would enjoy but the shows are great - Animagique and Stitch Live are brilliant! Cinemagique is also good
No you do not have to pay to meet characters - you just might face a hefty queue!
About the shuttle bus - it depends on where you are staying. We stay at HiPark and our shuttle is every 10 minutes for the first few of the day then roughly every half hour until afternoon where it drops to every hour. Then back up to every 20 mins/half hour until 1130 at night if i remember correctly.

Hope you have a lovely time!

Queen Elsa

Yes you can take food and drink into the parks. You will be able to make reservations over the telephone but don't know about the hotels, someone else may be able to help you with this. You can book them in City Hall though. We didn't spend anything as we had a disney dining plan and had snacks and drinks with us as it was expensive to buy these (€3.15 for a bottle of coke)  our daughter was almost four when we went so we didn't do much in the studios, much preferred the rides in the main parks as it was so hot! We are going back in December and will probably see some of the shows as the weather will be cold then so a nice break! Being honest, we didn't really explore the studios properly! We met most of our characters at Cafe Mickey and that is brilliant for both you and the kids, makes dinner lots of fun! There are lots of points around the park where we saw characters and also at the princess pavilion and you do not have to pay extra. I can't help you with the shuttle buses as we stayed on site. Not sure how close to five your child is but a cheap stroller may be a good idea! We will be taking one on December again as little legs get tired, you can always hire  one there if need be, they are €10 a day I think xx

daddyof2

I agree pretty much with the previous comments - just want to add that Stitch Live and Disney Junior Live have shows in different languages so check the times of the English performances (assuming that you're not French or Spanish) when you get there. Also, it really is worth going to Café Mickey or Inventions for a meal so you can have some guaranteed character interaction.