TGV or RS Transport

Started by learning-the-ropes, February 20, 2015, 10:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learning-the-ropes

Hi, can anyone give any advice on what's best to take - shuttle or TGV. My flight arrives in CDG at 4 pm  - I think terminal 2e or f and there is a TGV which leaves at 4.52. Pricing for 2 adults and 2 kids is coming in at £47 going and £72 coming back and RS Transport around 98 EUR for a shared return.

Which do you think would be easier for me to use. I see the TGV is very quick. Many thanks

captain rocket

I was the staunchest supporter of the TGV, using it many times. The prices have risen and risen until it has become ridiculously overpriced, indeed I have been quoted more for TGV to DLRP than Ashford to DLRP at times!
I decided to try RS transports and do not even consider TGV any longer! You are either met at the arrivals area or they give you a door number to meet them at (all doors at CDG have a number) and you get a comfortable, no hassle transfer to the front door of your hotel. Transfer times are generally about 35/40 minutes unless traffic is bad. There are two of us travelling, we always book a shared shuttle and in about 20 journeys have shared once!
So, Pros and Cons
TGV. Quick and convenient, but stressful if you are delayed and need to get to the station quickly. When you arrive at Marne le Vallee you have to get a courtesy bus to your hotel.Expensive.
RS met on arrival, taken straight to your hotel in comfort. Cons Road transport, could be delayed by heavy traffic.
I am an AP holder and travel to DLRP at least twice a  year (Four times last year) and have long given up on Disney hotels due to price, so I stay at the cheapest partner hotel. On the outbound journey I book straight to the hotel I stay at, but on my return (Late afternoon/early evening) I book transfer from the Disneyland hotel and take my bag to guest storage in the morning, straight out of the park and onto the shuttle!
Whatever you decide, have a great visit!

caspdex

The TGV is only the quickest option if you manage to arrive just before the train leaves, if you miss it, you could wait a while for the next one. A shared or private shuttle is much better IMO.

learning-the-ropes

Thanks both for your help. Very likely to book RS Transport. TheTGV sounds so quick but I would worry about missing the train on the outbound journey.RS Transport will be cheaper and I hope reliable. From what you say, they sound great. Yes, as I write my mind is made up, will book with them.

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated.😊

captain rocket

You're welcome!
I have only had one problem with RS and this was traffic related! I would advise you take a mobile with you and preload it with their number so you can call if there is any sort of problem. I would advise this no matter which shuttle company you use!
Enjoy your visit (my next visit, three nights 17th March Dream Castle)

learning-the-ropes

Yes, many thanks will do. I'm going to Dream Castle in July - 23rd-28th. First time for Disney in Paris.Super excited. Hope the hotel's nice, some quite negative reviews on trip advisor.

captain rocket

Dream Castle is fine! I have stayed at all of the partner hotels and they are all good, pound for pound they are far better value than Disney Hotels! Don't get me wrong, Disney hotels are.... well Disney! But the premium for staying in them is far too much in my opinion.
I also take the attitude that the hotel, whilst being part of the break, is just the place where I sleep and have breakfast! The rest of the time is reserved for the parks!
There is only one persons opinion that counts in this situation and that is yours! The rooms at Dream Castle are comfortable and well furnished, the breakfast is comprehensive with hot and cold food and the buffet in the evening is delicious (I have only eaten there twice as I prefer Earl of Sandwich for my evening meal!)
When I priced up this trip the cheapest deal I could get in a Disney hotel was £600+ and that included two nights free and although it included park passes (which I do not need, AP holder) The price for 3 nights at Dream Castle was £214.00. That is a massive difference!

learning-the-ropes

That does sound great value. I've paid £980 for flights and hotel for 5 nights. I booked a package together with ebookers. Ive got to add to that around £80 for the shuttle and then thinking of getting the francillien passes through the post at nearly another £400 otherwise the fantasy when we arrive for the EMH. I did consider the Kyriad which was pricing at £740 but went for the better grade of hotel. On the French site the Santa fe was around £1520 all in with flights and transport, the kids would've been free but in the end decided on Dream Castle for the better spec of hotel and if I get the francillien passes it will still be cheaper.