Is it just me, or are the trains from the airport rubbish?

Started by caffeine_demon, January 28, 2015, 02:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caffeine_demon

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering why there isn't a regular shuttle train between CDG and DLP.

We have one of Europe's busiest airports, connected by about 15 miles of track to one of Europe's most popular attractions.

Yet the train times are so irregular - My plane arrives at 9am - there is a train at 9:50, one at 10 and one at 10:15 - even though it's just me and carry on, those are pretty tight - if I miss those, the next one isn't until 12!

And then there's the prices - most of the trains are 16 pounds for a 10 minute journey - pretty hefty by any means, but then the 10:15 and 12 train are £24 - (and the 10:15 one actually takes a little longer).

You'd think there'd be a half hourly (or at worst hourly), predictably timed service at a reasonable price!

Or have I missed something?

DisneyRon

Those are probably the direct trains, you could also take the RER trains (I believe one of the two RER A lines goes from CDG to DLP), those run like every 4 minutes.

Just pay attention to the destination of the trains, as there are 2 different trainlines running on the RER A line. ;)

caffeine_demon

But why spend an hour and a half on a journey that should take 15-20 minutes?  That direct line could be better utilised imo..

DisneyRon

Quote from: caffeine_demon on January 28, 2015, 08:33:03 AM
But why spend an hour and a half on a journey that should take 15-20 minutes?  That direct line could be better utilised imo..

Very true, it could certainly be a more regular service. I wonder what the exact reason is for the lack of regularity.

captain rocket

The reason is simple, there is no dedicated service and the trains that are available are TGV services running to far flung destinations, I get the impression that we Disney passengers are a distraction to be tolerated at best! I use a shared shuttle service, door to door, the service takes about the same time as the train, wherever I am staying I get collected at the Disneyland hotel on my return to maximise my time in the park

daddyof2

I've never used them myself but French provincial train services are often reported as being terrible - even though TGV services are widely triumphed