Extra hours for hotel guests?

Started by Cathryn, January 26, 2015, 08:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

Are the queues still horrificly long for them DLRPwonders?  It used to be lovely in hotels, I can't remember there ever being more than about 12 people( much shorter than around the parks), and it was always great seeing Robin Hood at Davy Crockett - (saw him there three years in a row, seemed to be a special one  for DC!) But when we went in November, the queues for characters during EMH were terrible, at least 30+ families in each one, with a waiting time to match the queue.  Wasn't so appealing unfortunately

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: polar vixen on January 29, 2015, 12:01:11 AM
Are the queues still horrificly long for them DLRPwonders?  It used to be lovely in hotels, I can't remember there ever being more than about 12 people( much shorter than around the parks), and it was always great seeing Robin Hood at Davy Crockett - (saw him there three years in a row, seemed to be a special one  for DC!) But when we went in November, the queues for characters during EMH were terrible, at least 30+ families in each one, with a waiting time to match the queue.  Wasn't so appealing unfortunately

No not at all! It's like 10-20 minutes queuing now.
But it is a really quite time, so everything at the entire resort has very low queues.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Disney Matt

Quote from: DLRPWonders on January 28, 2015, 11:32:51 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on January 28, 2015, 09:48:20 PM
When i went all those characters were there :)
They were grouped in to pairs.
Mickey with Minnie, Chip with Dale & Goofy with Pluto.

That was Christmas season, that's over now ;)
As I said earlier, currently it's only a selection of them.
Usually three, sometimes 4 if you're lucky. And they aren't in pairs anymore.

To be honest i hated the pairs idea anyway! Massive queues when i was there! Queues would have been smaller if they were separated out.
& apologies as i didn't know that after Christmas it would change.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

polar vixen

I prefer single characters too!  I always feel embarrassed as my kids run for the one they want to see completely ignoring the other one who then has to stand at the side and try to be involved(so they don't look like they're just standing at the side), in spring it was Minnie and duffy, my boys had seen Minnie a couple of times at meals etc, but were desperate to see duffy, so they just ran straight past her, (I have 4 boys), mobbed duffy, and then all hugged him for the photo, with poor Minnie stood beside them doing her little curtsey.  I felt terrible!

captain rocket

So, pretty much as we have come to expect from Paris. A lot of characters taken from the hotels and replaced by a few characters in the park! Pretty poor value for us customers I think.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: captain rocket on January 29, 2015, 12:13:11 PM
So, pretty much as we have come to expect from Paris. A lot of characters taken from the hotels and replaced by a few characters in the park! Pretty poor value for us customers I think.

This was known from the moment that the news came out that hotel characters would disappear.
Don't really understand why 5 months later people still act so surprised.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

stecal

Maybe they didn't know i certainly didn't even though i was aware the characters would be stopping in the hotels