Straight to the park or check in first???

Started by frostie, February 14, 2015, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostie

I'm totally obsessed after booking our trip (in August).
The Eurostar arrives at about 2, but I don't know whether we should go straight to the park or go to the hotel Cheyenne, check in and organise our breakfast slot.
We could be in the park until late and so might not get an early slot for the next morning if we don't go there first.
Does your breakfast slot have to be booked directly with the hotel?
Also will my prebooked photopass+ be with all the info I collect on the train?
Thanks for any advice.

Joey

I always check in first although I know a lot of people don't. I just like to feel relaxed, know that I've dropped everything off and have unpacked a little so I don't have to do it when I'm exhausted that evening.

Also, as you say, it's a good opportunity to book your breakfast slot for the following morning. I could be wrong but I don't believe you can book this anywhere other than your hotel as it's not on the central reservation system, they just have a certain amount of coloured tokens to give away for each time.

Not too sure about Photopass+ - do they not have to be collected from City Hall?
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

MulanRouge

I feel the same. I think I'd rather check in first and get the breakfast slots sorted. Can't imagine queuing to check in at 11pm with aching feet...

polar vixen

We had our bags sent over with Disney express which really helped, then got to the hotel at 10 but all breakfast slots before 10am had already gone, so if you want early breakfast slots if definitely recommend checking in straight away. You'll get your photo pass info if it's pre booked along with your park tickets etc, you'll be given a voucher which you can trade in in just about any of the shops for the photo pass pack, which you v can start using even before it's registered

daddyof2

We had similar experience to Polar vixen (checked in about 6pm rather than 11 though), by the time we got to the hotel all the early slots had gone but we wanted the 7am slot anyway, and the guy on reception said not to worry as there wouldn't be a queue that early. We went along for breakfast at/near 7 every day and went straight in

captain rocket

What daddyof2 says is correct. You can turn up for breakfast at 07.00 no matter what time you get a voucher for, only a small number of people actually get to the restaurant that early! It may be a bigger problem later in the morning however.

Zee79

We always check in first then head to park, calms me down haha.

Magic_Liv

I always use the Disney express to take my bag to the hotel and go into the park for a couple of hours, i don't think i could deal with being that close and not going straight to the park! We go back to the hotel at around 5ish and haven't had any problems with getting breakfasts slots for around 8. :)

HildeKitten

I always check in first. But then again, we have a package with our own transport, so we kinda have to. The hotel reception has our tickets etc :)