Meal Plans

Started by devoidx, January 19, 2015, 10:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoidx

Hi! I'm visiting Disney for the first time in February with my wife & 2 kids (6 & 9). I've booked at one of the non-Disney hotels and I was just wondering if it's still possible to buy any sort of meal vouchers so we can eat in the park (I'm thinking of lunch and evening meal). All reference I've seen, seem to indicate that they are only available if you are staying at the Disney hotels?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

Tony

twentythingamabobs

Hi devoidx, as far as I'm aware you can only get the vouchers if you are staying at a Disney hotel. However you can still eat at any of the restaurants in Disneyland, the Studios and the Village and just pay when you eat. You can make reservations up to (someone please correct me if i'm wrong here!) 8 weeks in advance for the table service/buffet restaurants.

DisneyRon

You can eat at any of the restaurants when you're staying off-site, no worries.
You're just paying for your meals directly, like a majority of people do I might add. ;)
Not sure if you can make reservations 8 weeks in advance when staying off site, but I would certainly try and lock them in. :)

devoidx

Thanks for all the replies - I suppose I was wondering if there are any deals I can take take advantage of. I've read about the voucher/meal plans but they only seem available if you're staying in the disney hotels

DisneyRon

Quote from: devoidx on January 19, 2015, 05:45:19 PM
Thanks for all the replies - I suppose I was wondering if there are any deals I can take take advantage of. I've read about the voucher/meal plans but they only seem available if you're staying in the disney hotels

I do believe that the plans are only available if you're staying at one of the Disney hotels, so unfortunately you can't take advantage of them if you're staying elsewhere. :)