Saved over £400 by comparing European websites!!

Started by Mrsya, January 15, 2015, 12:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Just booked our next trip and saved £411 by using a 'crossover offer' over the phone!! Please everyone - compare prices on the French and Irish sites before booking then ring reservations and ask for a crossover offer. European consumer law means they have to offer you that price.

What a bargain!!!!!  :D

;D

vampira

I know! I have been comparing too and it surprised me what the differences are. It takes a little extra time, but it's worth it.  :D
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

Disney Matt

When i've looked on various european sites the british one always comes up cheaper for the dates i need.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

daddyof2

Yeah, I couldn't find any better prices when I looked before booking our next trip

Mrsya

It's definitely worth checking though... Italy was £100 more expensive, Irish would have saved us £406, French saved us £411!

sarahmumof4

I know people who have saved doing it this way however when I looked for December it was £1,000 more than the English site :(
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

andlorna

PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Mrsya

25th-30th May at DC. Eek! So excited... Need to work out how many sleeps now...

plzsm

Is it important to phone and do the crossover as opposed to just booking on say the French website?

Rapunzel1

We just used the Belgian website instead of the Dutch site. No problem at all. It saved us 250 euro's for a two night stay at the Davy Crockett Ranch in the beginning of May (Dutch school vacation). The Belgians had 35% off offer and children under 12 for free. The Dutch only had 35% off. For us this was the best offer we could find. We read that there might be problems with accepting our credit card but we encountered no problems.

Mrsya

I think I remember the lady on live chat saying it's easier to book by phone as you can then add a uk address as the website only has French regions etc. As soon as the sales advisor answered I asked if I could book a crossover offer and he knew exactly what I meant and transferred me through to an agent who completed my booking. He said it is very common but that it's not normally that much of a difference.

We wouldn't have been able to afford it at the uk price so Merci Beaucoup to European consumer law!! 129 sleeps to go!

minnieme

I have also booked those dates and I think the reason it is cheaper is the Uk site has that May half term week as a High price week and Irish has it as Moderate. It doesn't seem to be the case with other weeks.

When we have been during May previously, the half term week was always Moderate but it has changed to High this year.

Yes 129 sleeps.....according to the countdown on my phone!!! Far too many.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

minnieme

Oh and we had to pay in full at time of booking with it being a crossover offer.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

Mrsya

Quote from: minnieme on January 16, 2015, 06:27:45 PM
I have also booked those dates and I think the reason it is cheaper is the Uk site has that May half term week as a High price week and Irish has it as Moderate. It doesn't seem to be the case with other weeks.

When we have been during May previously, the half term week was always Moderate but it has changed to High this year.

Yes 129 sleeps.....according to the countdown on my phone!!! Far too many.
Quote from: minnieme on January 16, 2015, 06:28:24 PM
Oh and we had to pay in full at time of booking with it being a crossover offer.

Hi Minnieme - countdown buddies now then! I was asked if I wanted to pay a deposit and then balance on April 30th... So excited! We're arriving late on the bank holiday Monday, hopefully in time to wave goodbye to the crowds as they go the other way down the travellators! You?

Danielle9288

Does anyone know if this only apply to the European websites or would it work if there was a cheaper deal on one of the worldwide sites?