Rules for the Hotel Fastpass?

Started by mikkelnl, January 04, 2015, 01:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikkelnl

Hi all,

Just found this forum, which has been a great source for information! We're visiting Sequoia Lodge in May, and booked a Golden Forest room.

These come with a Hotel Fastpass. The DLP person explained the fastpass to me, and said the rules have changed. This sounded weird to me, therefor I'm checking what you guys think/know:

She explained that you get a fastpass per day, and you choose ONE attraction which you can visit that entire day via the fastpass lane. For all other attractions, you'll use the regular lane.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

DisneyRon

To be honest, that would be an improvement, a fairly major one too. ;D

The normal Hotel FastPass (not the VIP one) used to be like a standard FastPass ticket, it allowed you to bypass the queue of an attraction of your choice (providing that had a FastPass queue) once per day.
You handed in the ticket when you wanted to use it. There was no set return time, although it was not valid between 13:00 and 16:00, as that is the busiest time in the parks. You got 1 per person, per night of your stay.

A VIP Ticket worked all day, for all FP based attractions, as many times as you wanted, one per person.

If the Hotel FP now allows you to do basically the same as the VIP FP, but for 1 attraction that is quite an improvement over the old version.

By the way, I did check both the Dutch and UK version of the site, the information for the Hotel FPs is still the same as it always was, describing the rules as I mentioned them.

So if this is a change that was made, then that makes Hotel FPs a lot more attractive, unlimited Ratatouille rides per day for instance. ;D They really need to update the sites to reflect that change if it's correct.

mikkelnl

Yep, this is what they told me :)

Not sure, but she might also mentioned the 13:00-16:00 timeslot in which it wasn't available.

KentDisney

I'm probably stating the obvious, but you can still collect other FASTPASS tickets with your park admission too :-)

sarahmumof4

We booked yesterday , SL and golden forest rooms and the travel agent checked with disney and it's one pass per guest per night and they said it works the same as normal fast passes do.

Not saying you've been told wrong just that we weren't told that yesterday .

If they do change it it actually sounds a really good idea x
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

mikkelnl

Strange isn't it? :)

I booked via the Disneyland Paris reservation telephone number, the lady explained in detail these things, and I checked during the call with her to see if I understood correctly...

Oh well, maybe she was wrong... We'll find out soon I guess :)

As far as I'm told:
- Hotel fastpass gives you access to one ride, unlimited times during one day.
- You get one Hotel fastpass per night.
- They are excluded between 13:00 and 16:00 (not 100% sure, but this is what I remember).
- Your regular entrance ticket should work as normal with regular fastpass procedure.

It'd be great if someone who visits the parc sometime soon could check this.

sarahmumof4

I'm hoping your advisor is right , it sounds even more appealing :)

I need to get the travel agents to check something on my booking so I might ask them to ask .

Would make the trip even better having unlimited go's on one ride along with the normal fast passes .
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

mikkelnl

Hi all,

Any recent forum member who used the 'Hotel Fastpass'? We'll be going to Disneyland Paris in 5 weeks, Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest room, but this still is a bit of a mystery...

I've been told that the HOTEL fastpass gives unlimited access to 1 ride for a day, but not sure this is correct....

Any recent users/visitors with experience? :)

rachel693

Hi,

We came back on Friday after staying in the sequoia lodge golden forest.
We had the VIP fast passes and used them on ratatouille and peter pan.
They were taken off us at the beginning of the fast pass entrance and not given back.
Xx

mikkelnl

Quote from: rachel693 on April 05, 2015, 06:05:46 PM
Hi,

We came back on Friday after staying in the sequoia lodge golden forest.
We had the VIP fast passes and used them on ratatouille and peter pan.
They were taken off us at the beginning of the fast pass entrance and not given back.
Xx

Thanks for the info!

Not sure what the advantage for such a fastpass is then, cause it works like the regular passes right? :)

rachel693

From what could see the only difference is that you don't have a specific time to be at the ride. You just can't use them between 1pm and 4pm. Xx

daddyof2

And the extra fastpass is in addition to the normal one, not instead of it

stifle

Hotel fastpasses are different to VIP fastpasses. The latter are only given out to the most expensive room categories (Castle Club for example) and do not have to be turned in when used.

Disney Matt

Which hotels give out Hotel Fast Passes?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

mikkelnl

Quote from: stifle on April 05, 2015, 07:57:01 PM
Hotel fastpasses are different to VIP fastpasses. The latter are only given out to the most expensive room categories (Castle Club for example) and do not have to be turned in when used.
And are these VIP passes also not valid between 13:00 and 16:00?