Disney's Swing Into Spring Festival 2015

Started by DLPWonders (Banned), January 02, 2015, 09:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLPWonders (Banned)

The official press release came out today.

* The season will run from March 1st until May 31st 2015.
* Thumper and Miss Bunny will do meet 'n greets together. This will be their first time doing meets at DLP.
* Rapunzel will do meet 'n greets just like last year.
* Merida will do meet 'n greets, but only on restricted days.
* The "Welcome To Spring" show will return, but with a small adaption; the Mary Poppins characters will be added.
* The previous Character Express/Minnie's Party Train/Disney Dance Express etc train will return. This time under the name "Le petit train du Printemps de Minnie", and will host Minnie and friends! White Rabbit, Thumper and Miss Bunny will be on the train.
* The "Spring Promenade" from last year will disappear, it will be replaced by "Goofy's Garden Party". However "Goofy's Garden Party" is basically an adaption of "Spring Promenade". The same amount of dancers will be present, just as the cars of Donald & Dais and Mickey & Minnie. Also many other characters will be present.

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

msRavenswood

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

polar vixen

It seems there's more on for spring than there was for Christmas!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: polar vixen on January 03, 2015, 10:15:23 AM
It seems there's more on for spring than there was for Christmas!

2 small shows and 3 characters.
Christmas is a parade, a show, tree lighting, dreams of Christmas and 5 characters.
So no, there's not more for Spring.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

stormflm595

I'M SO HAPPY THAT I FINALLY GET TO MEET RAPUNZEL! I'LL BE THERE FROM THE 23RD MARCH!!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO MEET HER SINCE 2012 WITH NO LUCK!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

moonloo

Hurrah stormflm595, thank you for directing me here! I can't believe Thumper will be there!!!!! Im so excited! We were lucky enough to meet Rapunzel last year at Caseys corner... it was total luck as it was the soft opening for Spring into Spring which was due to start officially the day after we left!

You are there the same time as us this year, I will keep my fingers crossed for you to meet her. My children specifically want spider man and the frozen characters/merida. We are there for 7 days so even if it is selected days we should manage it I hope!!!!

Thank you for your help!  :D

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: stormflm595 on January 05, 2015, 02:32:37 PM
I'M SO HAPPY THAT I FINALLY GET TO MEET RAPUNZEL! I'LL BE THERE FROM THE 23RD MARCH!!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO MEET HER SINCE 2012 WITH NO LUCK!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

Feeling guilty right now, as we once bumped into Rapunzel & Flynn in the DH foyer... We had autographs and photos, and didn't have to queue at her meet & greet stand  ::)

Soz....  :)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

moonloo

Sullys Arms, although we met Rapunzel before, Rapunzel AND Flynn would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super lucky you managed that!   :o  ;D

stormflm595

Quote from: moonloo on January 05, 2015, 05:30:38 PM
Hurrah stormflm595, thank you for directing me here! I can't believe Thumper will be there!!!!! Im so excited! We were lucky enough to meet Rapunzel last year at Caseys corner... it was total luck as it was the soft opening for Spring into Spring which was due to start officially the day after we left!

You are there the same time as us this year, I will keep my fingers crossed for you to meet her. My children specifically want spider man and the frozen characters/merida. We are there for 7 days so even if it is selected days we should manage it I hope!!!!

Oh wow that is lucky! I went during the later summer time and was hoping that they would have extended Rapunzels meet and greet during the Summer too as she's so popular but no luck! I went to the Pavilion to try my luck and we got Snow White which I was over the mood about because she was amazing but when we came out to the photos area Rapunzel was the other princess on that rota...I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried haha!

Ooh perhaps we will bump into one another without even knowing! Have you ever been at that time of year? I'm hoping it will be a little quieter as it is the week before UK Easter holidays start and France, Germany and Spain are not on holidays apparently. I hope you guys get to meet who you want!! I'm hoping Anna and Elsa will be there too though I don't know if I would queue after seeing the amount of time people have done over the Christmas period. 4 hours for some!! But if they're moved to Frontierland like rumours suggest, it might be quieter and we'll be in luck!

No problem! =D

Quote from: Sulley's Arms on January 05, 2015, 05:42:46 PM

Feeling guilty right now, as we once bumped into Rapunzel & Flynn in the DH foyer... We had autographs and photos, and didn't have to queue at her meet & greet stand  ::)

Soz....  :)

haha!! No, i'm ecstatic for you, Rapunzel and Flynn doing meets together at DLP is very rare these days and I've only ever seen Flynn in the Magic on Parade...very lucky! =O
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: moonloo on January 05, 2015, 05:30:38 PM

Please make sure that you explain to your kids that they won't meet Anna & Elsa before you go!
The day after tomorrow will be their last meet 'n greet day. After that it's back on the parade and no meets.
Wouldn't want your children to be disappointed!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: stormflm595 on January 05, 2015, 06:20:42 PM
I'm hoping Anna and Elsa will be there too though I don't know if I would queue after seeing the amount of time people have done over the Christmas period. 4 hours for some!! But if they're moved to Frontierland like rumours suggest, it might be quieter and we'll be in luck!

Unfortunately an unreliable source stated this rumour and everyone else just took it over without checking it.
They WON'T be moved to Woody's Roundup in Frontierland.
The day after tomorrow, when the Christmas season finishes, they'll stop doing meets.
They will just going back on the parade and nothing else.

polar vixen

Is there ever anything extra going on in September?  I know there's the usual magic on parade, dreams, etc, but I'm meaning an extra greets or anything?  We plan to go in September but I'm so so sooooo tempted by thumper and I loved the extra swing in to spring parade (or whatever the correct designation is) that there was last year, although last year I think it ran a little later?  We went in June

stormflm595

Quote from: DLRPWonders on January 05, 2015, 09:04:36 PM
Quote from: stormflm595 on January 05, 2015, 06:20:42 PM
I'm hoping Anna and Elsa will be there too though I don't know if I would queue after seeing the amount of time people have done over the Christmas period. 4 hours for some!! But if they're moved to Frontierland like rumours suggest, it might be quieter and we'll be in luck!

Unfortunately an unreliable source stated this rumour and everyone else just took it over without checking it.
They WON'T be moved to Woody's Roundup in Frontierland.
The day after tomorrow, when the Christmas season finishes, they'll stop doing meets.
They will just going back on the parade and nothing else.

That's a shame. Disney Paris are really missing out on such an opportunity. Frozen fever is still going on and the chance for people to meet Anna and Elsa seems like something the park shouldn't stop once the Christmas season finishes.

Quote from: polar vixen on January 05, 2015, 09:07:07 PM
Is there ever anything extra going on in September?  I know there's the usual magic on parade, dreams, etc, but I'm meaning an extra greets or anything?  We plan to go in September but I'm so so sooooo tempted by thumper and I loved the extra swing in to spring parade (or whatever the correct designation is) that there was last year, although last year I think it ran a little later?  We went in June

polarvixen, I've been in September twice. For me it has only been the standard summer celebrations with Dreams and Magic on Parade. They may do something else for it this year or they may not. The pro's for September are definitely longer park hours and warmer weather but the crowds can still be quite large, particularly at the start of the month. maybe make a list of attractions you really want to do, check for March/April/May closures when they become available if you book a little later so you can make a desicion on when the best time of year would be to go? I know for sure that Space Mountain will be closed from this month to June (timeline may be a little off but this is what i remember reading) and Phantom Manor closed towards end of March.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

peep

Sounds like this year's Spring festival will be as good as last years. Love the addition of Thumper meet and greet.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320