Sooo much to think about!

Started by AmyT14, December 31, 2014, 01:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Matt

Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

AmyT14

1992, the year it opened!!

Another quick question if that's ok - is there much to do with Lion King these days? My middle daughter adores it so was hoping there would be something for her to see there, believe there's a restaurant? x

Esti

There's almost nothing about the Lion King, and it's one of my favourite movies too :( There's a restaurant called Hakuna Matata, but that's the only relation with the movie. There is a Lion King float during Magic on Parade, but it's not the most exciting thing ever...

At night the only interesting thing are "the fireworks". The thing is, "the fireworks" are the best thing DLP has. I always recommend waking up later and watching Disney Dreams as many times as you can, but I know that's very personal. You really must see it at least once, though!

twentythingamabobs

There was absolutely no Lion King merch either when we went at Christmas - we asked in every store, they had none and didnt know if they would be getting any in the future. When we asked at World of Disney, they said the only possibility would be at the other Disney store in the Village but we were on our way home then and didnt have time to check  :-\

Hakuna Matata is a counter service restaurant - their african chicken is lush so definitely worth a visit just for that!

Esti

I found a couple of plushes in Frontierland. One was of Mufasa and Simba, the other was Rafiki. I know Rafiki does meet and greets sometimes, around Colonel Hathi's, I think (that's where I saw him). But that's about it.
Honestly, I feel like the 90s movies are completely forgotten at DLP, and I think they were the best animated movies they've made, so I don't get it.

littlebitofpixiedust

Disneyland Paris has changed a lot of the years! :) think you'll be surprised how much.

There are tons of things you can do together in both parks, I won't list them all it'll take all day lol! But make sure you do the new ratatouille ride in the studios parc it's brilliant. Don't miss!

Definatley don't miss dreams you have to watch it once, and the studios have many fab shows animagique (firm fav for kids) cinemagique more for adults, stitch live is fun, playhouse Disney and the stunt show is good too but quite long for some young children to sit. But lightning McQueen makes an appearance so worth it for any cars fans!

AmyT14

Aaw its a shame about the Lion King but I wasn't expecting a great deal - slightly disappointing as it is one of their iconic films isn't it.

I was worried as my younger 2 aren't really in to the Princess films but they now have a slightly delayed (compared to most girls) obsession with Frozen so I think they'll be happy as from what I've heard it is everywhere (as you would expect!).

Is there anywhere I can get a full map of both parks showing rides, restaurants etc?

twentythingamabobs

There are plenty of rides/characters/merch that don't have anything to do with Princesses don't worry!

You will be able to get a map in your chosen language when you first walk under the Main St train station. If there are none there in your language, you can get them (and programmes with times for parades/characters etc) from City Hall. I remember the first day we went, we didnt even think on to use the maps as we were too excited and wandered on to Crush's Coaster expecting a children's ride. Got a shock there haha!

AmyT14

I'm sure they'll love the whole experience.

Is there anywhere I can order/download a detailed one online? I just want to plan what we're going to do each day etc - I imagine I could google it, I'm just being lazy!

twentythingamabobs

Hopefully these links will work (you will probably have to copy and paste them into your address bar)

Here is a copy of the current programme for both Disneyland and the Studios:

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-dlp-assets/prod/en-gb/system/images/show-and-parades.pdf

Here's an online map, you can filter by ride type/restaurant etc:

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/attractions/map/#

Mrsya

We found it near on impossible to get dressed, breakfasted and into the park for emh and only managed it once. We fell into the pattern of arriving later and staying for dreams. The park gets a bit quieter after annual pass holders and local families leave post-parade (around 6ish) and we liked the atmosphere of walking around the different lands in the dark (our last hol was in oct). 

My top tips would be emh and a break back at the hotel (but that never happened for us), use babyswitch, keep receipts from lunch for a free hot drink later in the day and have a rest and a snack, pizza planet has an indoor soft play area if it's open, use the play park at the end of frontierland to let your kids blow off some steam, use train ride for a rest and studio park shows on weekend afternoons.

Parks are busiest between 11-5:30pm, try lunches early (12) and tea early (4) to avoid the rush. Quick service at lucky nugget, lots of room at cowboy cookout and great character interaction at cafe Mickey. Buffalo bill best paid for show, stunt show and disney junior live best studio shows. Family rides with a 2-year old: most of fantasy land, buzz, pirates, Main Street vehicles.

daddyof2

When you have children who like to wake up at 6am UK time, it's no bother getting into the park for EMH

Mrsya

Quote from: daddyof2 on January 23, 2015, 09:18:30 PM
When you have children who like to wake up at 6am UK time, it's no bother getting into the park for EMH

Very true!  :o We're very lucky in that regard but even with the alarm on, my super organised outfit-in-a-bag system in place and bag for the day packed and ready to go we only managed 9:55 a couple of times. I'm determined to do it at least once!

daddyof2

If you (and the family) can cope, skip breakfast and get straight into the parks, then have a brunch and a later lunch.

AmyT14

Quote from: daddyof2 on January 23, 2015, 09:18:30 PM

Haha this - 6am is a lay in for us usually!! Although maybe after being tired from travelling, wandering round the parks etc they may sleep slightly later but I'm not holding my breath - sleep isn't exactly my children's favrouite activity!!

Thanks for the tips though, good to know ideas for the girls to run around and the train ride for a rest sounds good!