Trip report 08/12/14 - 12/12/14 Hotel Cheyenne *COMPLETE*

Started by justlikewedreamedit-xo, December 20, 2014, 05:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: geekyjo on January 16, 2015, 11:05:36 PM
Cutest trip report ever pal, I can't wait for the next one! :-*

Thanks pal! John bought a Mickey tee from the Disney Store in Rome and said it will be good to wear for our next visit to DLP, my heart almost exploded <3

Quote from: andrewuk on January 19, 2015, 03:27:20 PM
Thanks for sharing this, a lovely read!  :D :D

Thanks for reading, andrewuk! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Disney Matt

Amazing trip report...best on here :)
You anymore trips planned?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: Mathierson24 on January 20, 2015, 06:10:51 PM
Amazing trip report...best on here :)
You anymore trips planned?

Thanks, Mathierson24! None as of yet unfortunately :'( I was hoping for a family trip this year or next but we have just moved house so aren't really in the position to go as of yet, and the ride closures for the next year or so are worrying me :( I will go with John at some stage but nothing has been planned yet as he graduates this year so he hasn't got the money for a trip at the moment, and ideally we'd want him to be settled into a job before we book again! Plus it would be a case of trying to plan it between closures/prioritising what I would like open! Hopefully it won't be too long away though! Are you still torn between hotels for your 2016 or have you more or less made your decision? :)

Disney Matt

Still a little torn. Decided on 1st feb for 4 nights as cheap then. Hotel depends on the partners money situation.
Hotel New York is £516 for 2 people then which i think is really good :)

Hope you get a trip sorted soon :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

disneynutter

Wow what a great report, reading it bought back memories from our 2014 Christmas trip, and I know what you mean about leaving the park on your last day/night, saying bye to the castle is horrible but like John said it's a "see you soon" not a goodbye :) I really wanted to go back this Christmas but with opening up our new shop we said we'd go for Christmas 2017 (25th anniversary year) can't wait as by the sounds of it it's going to be worth the wait
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Disney hotel 2017 can't wait ;)

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: disneynutter on March 20, 2015, 12:48:18 AM
Wow what a great report, reading it bought back memories from our 2014 Christmas trip, and I know what you mean about leaving the park on your last day/night, saying bye to the castle is horrible but like John said it's a "see you soon" not a goodbye :) I really wanted to go back this Christmas but with opening up our new shop we said we'd go for Christmas 2017 (25th anniversary year) can't wait as by the sounds of it it's going to be worth the wait

Thanks, Disneynutter! :) it is going to be a struggle not returning this Christmas for me too :( however, with all of the uncertainty regarding closures etc maybe Christmas 2017 is a better option anyway :) thanks for reading!

TappyFish

Finally finished reading all about your trip, and I must say what a great read it was! My fiancee and I loved it. I remember going to DLP during the Christmas festivities years back but had forgotten how much fun it could be. Your pictures really brought back the memories for me! It was also nice to see the pictures of the food at Annette's Diner. I've been trying to find an image to show my fiancee the size of the meals but to no avail.

As well as being an interesting read, we were also able to get a few ideas of things to do when we go in November. So thank you ^.^  :D

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: TappyFish on March 23, 2015, 03:40:40 PM
Finally finished reading all about your trip, and I must say what a great read it was! My fiancee and I loved it. I remember going to DLP during the Christmas festivities years back but had forgotten how much fun it could be. Your pictures really brought back the memories for me! It was also nice to see the pictures of the food at Annette's Diner. I've been trying to find an image to show my fiancee the size of the meals but to no avail.

As well as being an interesting read, we were also able to get a few ideas of things to do when we go in November. So thank you ^.^  :D

Aw how lovely :') apologies for the length of the report, I am known to waffle haha. I am very pleased to hear that your fiancée and yourself found it an enjoyable read, and that it brought back memories of your previous trips, too :') and of course that john and I were able to give you a few ideas for when you return in november! How exciting! Thanks for reading :)

Mileto

WHAT A MAGICAL REPORT!  ;D

I was almost there with you!

May I ask you about the weather - rain, temperature? What shoes did you take? Umbrellas?

Thanks in advance!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: Mileto on March 31, 2015, 05:28:10 PM
WHAT A MAGICAL REPORT!  ;D

I was almost there with you!

May I ask you about the weather - rain, temperature? What shoes did you take? Umbrellas?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, Mileto :')

Sure! Weather wise, we were lucky. It only rained on one day (Day 3, not sure if it is apparent in some of the photos?). Temperature wise, I think it was about 2-4 Celsius, although the only times we felt the cold were waiting for Dreams to start, and queuing for the tickets for the Princess Pavilion early in the morning. We did layer up though, I took thermal tights and leggings to wear underneath my normal ones, as well as tops, jumpers and coats, hats, scarves, gloves. Shoe wise, I took a pair of converse (which butchered my poor toes haha! Thank god we had plasters) and some boots with a slight heel. John took two pairs of trainers. Comfort is key due to the amount of walking! We didn't take an umbrella, mainly because I have a terrible track record with them and usually manage to break them! We had hoods though so knew we would be protected if it did rain.

Hope that helps :)

Mileto

Thank you, justlikewedreamedit-xo!

I made a picture of it. It looks like weather in Marne le Valle is milder, not so cold, as it is where I live.
Oh, if only we could go, no weather could stop us ...  :-\

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

irich

Where did you get those mickey flats? They're sooo cute  ;D

jj554

What a wonderful Trip Report - I was totally immersed! Reading all of this made me feel so happy for you guys (you are such an adorable couple!) and has made me even more excited for my trip this coming December as I have never been for Christmas season.

Thanks for giving us all such an enjoyable read. I hope you find yourself back in the Magic soon!!

Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: irich on June 15, 2015, 04:39:14 PM
Where did you get those mickey flats? They're sooo cute  ;D

Hi, Irich! I think I picked them up from Main Street Motors :')

Quote from: jj554 on June 15, 2015, 05:22:47 PM
What a wonderful Trip Report - I was totally immersed! Reading all of this made me feel so happy for you guys (you are such an adorable couple!) and has made me even more excited for my trip this coming December as I have never been for Christmas season.

Thanks for giving us all such an enjoyable read. I hope you find yourself back in the Magic soon!!

Thanks, jj554! That is so sweet of you to say. I hope that you have a magical trip in December, Christmas time in Disney really is so special. Thank you! I hope so too haha :)